Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Sound question

I am having a little trouble with the 737 sound.  I have a 34 inch dell display with speakers and Logitech speakers with a subwoofer.   Both speakers have sound but it seems like they all play different sounds.  For example some wind at altitude comes out of the monitor but the low hum comes out of the speakers.  Ideally I'd like everything to come out of the surround speakers. However, when I pick the sound in the fmc to go to one speaker (surround Logitech) I lose the types of sound coming from the dell monitor.  Any thoughts?  Ideally I'd like all sounds from the 737 to be out of the surround speakers. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I'm still struggling with this.  Some sounds were coming out of the monitor and some out of the speakers.  Now it is either one or the other.  However, it isn't providing all of the sound. For example now I can barely get engine spools but I get full clickable Vc noises

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

PMDG requires full names in the forum. As for your issue it sounds like something is not correctly setup on your sound devices. I would suggest to check your windows sound device settings

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

10 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I'm still struggling with this.  Some sounds were coming out of the monitor and some out of the speakers.  Now it is either one or the other.  However, it isn't providing all of the sound. For example now I can barely get engine spools but I get full clickable Vc noises

As Chris mentioned, full names are required here in the forum. Please ensure that this information is in your future posts.

The issue will be found with your sound devices. Right click the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen, and select playback devices. If you've been plugging in / removing monitors, or plugging in / removing other sound devices, then Windows has been automatically trying to route sounds to different devices. Make sure that it knows which one is actually the correct one.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

As Chris mentioned, full names are required here in the forum. Please ensure that this information is in your future posts.

The issue will be found with your sound devices. Right click the speaker icon at the bottom right of your screen, and select playback devices. If you've been plugging in / removing monitors, or plugging in / removing other sound devices, then Windows has been automatically trying to route sounds to different devices. Make sure that it knows which one is actually the correct one.

Thanks.  Sorry about the full name thing.  Can it allow me to have both as the primary playback device?  In the pc it shows 3... My headset, my speakers, and my monitor.  It seems like I can only pick 2 of the 3 and since I need the headset for online, it isn't letting me have speakers and monitor.  I am sure I am doing something incorrect.

- Brad Zimmer

11 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

I am sure I am doing something incorrect.

Yeah. Keep in mind that this is the default device. Essentially "if given no other information by some other program, use this one." Tell the computer to use your speakers, since I'm sure you're expecting the sounds to come from there, overall. After that point, you can set whatever else up in the individual program. Online chat programs are specifically designed to have a feature that will allow you to select a specific headset device. The sim does, as well (note that in the sim sound settings, there's a device for overall sound, and a device slot for voice).

Kyle Rodgers