Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

New P3D User Installation Question

Today, I purchased P3DV4 after years of FSX. I installed the program in Win 10/64 in C:\\ rather than the default Program Files (x86). After inspecting the explorer C drive, I was surprised the installation did not create its own master folder. Instead, the installation installed  all the required .dll, .exe and standard P3D folders unbundled. A few minutes later, I purchased a FSUIPC5 registration and that installation created the familiar Modules folder.

My question is - going forward with other add-ons (i.e. AS16, Ultimate Traffic, etc) is this going to be a problem? Should I create a new P3D folder like: C:\\P3D ? Or, leave it as is. Prior to purchase, I did research the excellent AVSIM P3D guide and I don't recall any absolute rules on exactly where to install. Immediately after installation and prior to FSUIPC purchase, I did conduct a quick circuit in the pattern with the Carenado A36 without incident. 

Many thanks / Les Parson

Hi Les,

It's not a goed idea to install P3D in the root folder of your C: drive. You better uninstall and install P3D in it's own folder. This is not only true for P3D, but for any software you install.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Les,

You shold proceed exactly the same way as installing FSX.

1. You need to run ALL installers as Admin (right click on the .exe and choose "run as admin").

2. Never install any sim in your system partition AKA C: drive. The windows partition is protected a lot more then non system partitions.

3. As you installed in a different location, you must have deleted the install path so thats why it installed "unbundeled". Of corse you should specify a folder for installation.

4. You should proceed the same way (step 1-3) with all the addons you install.

5. Pay attention to the install notes for ALL the stuff you install. Some require UAC and antivirus to be turned off.

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech