Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

P3d V4 Water edges messed up

Does anyone know why my P3d V4 has messed up water textures like this?  I do have alot of addons. I have PTA, (Tried tweaking it), I have REX with the water textures turned on and off
with no difference, I have AS P4 still does it on or off. ORBX GLobal, NA and Vector. Tried many suggestions, still doing it. Tried Bathymetry on and off, no change. Reshade on and off, no diff, URP on and off
still does it.  I have KSFO HD by FLightbeam, San Francisco by aerosoft, on and off, still does it. Tried different library layer settings using Add on organizer. Just dont know where this is coming from?

Any specific bgl files attributed to this?  ANy ideas out there?  THanks

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed image from Avsim server.

14 minutes ago, Mark Niebauer said:

Does anyone know why my P3d V4 has messed up water textures like this?  I do have alot of addons. I have PTA, (Tried tweaking it), I have REX with the water textures turned on and off
with no difference, I have AS P4 still does it on or off. ORBX GLobal, NA and Vector. Tried many suggestions, still doing it. Tried Bathymetry on and off, no change. Reshade on and off, no diff, URP on and off
still does it.  I have KSFO HD by FLightbeam, San Francisco by aerosoft, on and off, still does it. Tried different library layer settings using Add on organizer. Just dont know where this is coming from?

Mark,

You need to upload photos to a server other than the Avsim server. Please read the screen shot rules here-> https://www.avsim.com/AVSIM Pages/screen_shot_rules.html/

Namely this one -> Images must be hosted on your own image server site, such as Drop Box, Google Drive, Photobucket.com, OZx Image Hosting, or a website that you own.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Without seeing the pictures, do you have vertical waves at the shoreline? 

This is an issue with Orbx Libs. Go to Orbx/User documents/Versions and delete FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT.

re-start FTX Central and it will prompt you to re-install Orbx Libs. 

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

Go to FTX Vector config and try disabling frozen surfaces under water features tab if you haven't already, it tends to cause issues with the water textures.

Didn't see the images but the problems I have with water at the moment is inland water being the same colour as the sea at altitude and also this ugly blue border round the shore lines and river banks.

I have an open ticket on this on the Rex Texture support forum but so far haven't received a solution.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Reinstall Orbx libraries.

I am at work right now so can't tell you with precision what to do but in the Orbx documents folder there should be a library text file. Delete that then rerun FTX Central, it will tell you libraries are not installed, do you want to reinstall... then reinstall, that should fix the problem that I "think" you have (did not see the picture either).

Regards,

Mark

THanks for the great suggestions. Unfortunately none of them have worked so far.  Here is what is looks like -
markartphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Ocean-textures.jpg

It could just be a texture that is acting like a 32 bit one instead of a 64 bit?  SOmetimes 32 bit stuff gets mixed up in the 64 bit app. Just a theory.

It is a REX issue that has been with us for about 4 weeks - try ENVTEX water that will fix it.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 9/16/2017 at 4:02 PM, Mark Niebauer said:

Hi Mark

Have you tried restoring the REX Backup of your default P3Dv4 textures (I'm assuming you created one during initial install)? Tried a different theme for the Global Water and Animation Settings?

Restored default shader files from PTA?

Kind regards

I have the same problem...  Really hate it!!

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

I solved it!.    I uninstalled URP 1.1,  PTA and its data, Reshade. And then reinstalled them following this youtube video -   Fixed all my problems.  Thanks Pete!