Sign in to follow this  

Twin Star DA-42 Engine "Upgrade"

13 hours ago, ErnstB said:

Hi Jim,

I installed your mod and really like it very much!

Still I have a problem though:
When increasing power towards max, from  a certain point well before maximum the left engine is starting to inrease rpms much more than the right one. Fuel flow remains identical on both engines.
Moving the throttle for the right engine to rpm level of the left one will increase fuel flow for the right engine to much higher level than on the left one.

This imbalance shows also with the original aircraft.cfg.
No such effect with any other aircrafts.
I am using Saitek throttles (1 single lever for both engines) and FSUIPC to calibrate, which shows no imbalance.

Any idea about that effect?

Thank you again for your great mod and best regards

Ernst

Hi Ernst,

Glad you're enjoying the mod.

With your issues on the throttle/ Engine RPM I haven't encountered this problem on any of my aircraft - unless of course I'm deliberately applying asymmetrical thrust due to an engine out, etc.

When you get this mis-match of RPMs are the two throttle levers in the VC showing in different positions in relation to each other?

Do they eventually equalise before Vr?

Jim

Thank you Jim,

Received your tweaked config and all is working fine thanks again for making this modification.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Jim! A perfect mod that makes the DA-42 feel like another plane! No problems at all in my case!

Hi Jim,

re unbalanced throttles:

I am operating the 2 throttles with one throttle lever on Saitek throttles.

in the vc the 2 levers alwys stay exactly in the same position, but the rpms on the G1000 start inreasing unbalanced after passing approx 1600rpms.

Pushing the throtlles engine to e.g. 2000rpm for the left engine, the right engine will reach 1700rpm only.

This imbalance will start from about 1600rpm.

Reducing throttles will bring them back to balance.

I am trying to add a screenshot showing the situation at 2000rpm left and 1700rpm for the right engine, throttles balanced.

Ernst

I have to find out how to add jpg :-(

On 4 October 2017 at 9:01 PM, gbk1 said:

Thank you Jim! A perfect mod that makes the DA-42 feel like another plane! No problems at all in my case!

On 4 October 2017 at 0:14 PM, ruudmeij said:

Thank you Jim,

Received your tweaked config and all is working fine thanks again for making this modification.

Cheers,

Ruud

Glad it's working well for you chaps.

My pleasure. Clear skies!

Jim

Hi Jim

Thank you for your PM mentioning that Alternators and ECU are not activated.

Unfortunately activation of these 2 switches didn't change throttle behaviour.

But I found the culprit: The propeller lever was slightly unbalanced for the 2 engines, even I work with 1 lever for both axis. Calibrating it with Fsuipc removed the problem.

The DA-42 seems to be extremely responsive for this inbalance, more than other 2 engine models.

Anyway I now can fully enjoy your mod!

Tks and best regards

Ernst

Hi Ganter, Thank You very much for your modified aircraft.cfg file. I went ahead and copied my original config file to my backup folder and pasted your modified file into the

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo DA42_Twin_Star folder and started my SIM up.

I immediately felt the difference when I started moving down the runway. The airplane reacted completely differently and no longer felt like it was struggling to get down the runway. After it lifted it climbed steadly to 5,000 and handled turns with ease. I felt totally in control. This plane flies wonderfully.

I can't thank you enough. Again Thank You!

Hi mate just sent message,time to dust off the Twin Star me thinks,also does anybody know anybody who could do a repaint ....Thanx

14 hours ago, vernon said:

Hi mate just sent message,time to dust off the Twin Star me thinks,also does anybody know anybody who could do a repaint ....Thanx

PM sent. Enjoy!

Thanx very much mate for cfg file,only problem i have are all the engine parameters fluctuating,is this normal am using Saitek throttle singular that is rest is nice,again than k you and anybody else have problem................

On 11 November 2017 at 4:23 PM, vernon said:

Thanx very much mate for cfg file,only problem i have are all the engine parameters fluctuating,is this normal am using Saitek throttle singular that is rest is nice,again than k you and anybody else have problem................

They do fluctuate slightly anyway vernon - as the ECU's balance performance of the two engines on the roll, even on the default .cfg. Try calibrating in Fsuipc if it's putting you off your flying!