Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

A basic step-by-step guide to Ortho4XP for Windows.

Silly me. Sorry, just saw chadgr post (10 Feb). I'll try those instructions first.

AND IT WORKED. Thanks

Edited by JohnLSharp
Solution worked

If anyone is still having trouble with either

Step 1 : Building OSM and patch data for tile " " : 
"

"
    Recycling OSM data for way["natural"="water"]["tidal"!="yes"]

Or Step 2:

"

"

"Download OSM Data First"

FIX
1. Go to ORTHO4XP ROOT FOLDER

2. Go Into OSM_DATA and Delete

3. Go Into ORTHO PHOTOS & Delete

4. Restart ORTHO4XP and should fix the issue 

OK, I think I'm pretty computer savvy but...I've downloaded Xplane and it works fine. Now for improving the scenery. I've looked at various youtube videos and instructions for the last week trying to get ortho4xp. I find sites that don't exist or don't respond. Finally I find this thread which is only 6 months old. Surely it will work. So I click on the link in the original pinned post in this thread to get the first .zip file to get started. This will be easy since I understand how to open zip files and follow instructions. But guess what -- there are no zip files to be seen at that link. Only a bunch of folders. Am I supposed to download all those (large) folders and hunt for a .zip file in them? And I notice in this thread many posters are having trouble with this step-by-step tutorial. As of today 4/17/18 is there still no single place with a written sequence of instructions what will work? And where is that .zip file? Thanks. 

4 hours ago, LCKurtz said:

But guess what -- there are no zip files to be seen at that link. Only a bunch of folders. Am I supposed to download all those (large) folders and hunt for a .zip file in them?

In the dropbox link, in the upper right there should be a "download" button. Clicking there, it should put all the files in a .zip file and let you download it on your pc. Then you can extract it in a single folder and proceed with the rest of the instructions.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

6 hours ago, Murmur said:

In the dropbox link, in the upper right there should be a "download" button. Clicking there, it should put all the files in a .zip file and let you download it on your pc. Then you can extract it in a single folder and proceed with the rest of the instructions.

Thank you for that. Perhaps you could clarify that in the original post. Now onward...

7 hours ago, Murmur said:

That worked flawlessly, thanks again. One more question (actually a couple of them):

I used the default lat/long of 48, -6. Where is that?

And more generally, if I wanted the Phoenix AZ area where do I look for the appropriate tile, see what area is represented, and find the appropriate lat/long to enter?

On 9/16/2017 at 9:37 AM, Murmur said:

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION:

1) Download the latest version of Ortho4XP from here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cjjwu92mausoh04/AACt-QzgMRwKDL392K_Ux3cPa?dl=0 (126MB total as of current v1.20b version)

Hi all, I'm brand new to XP, this is all very confusing to me, when I go to DropBox I see a bunch of file folders.  Which folder do I choose first and which file(s)?  I'd like to see how the Atlanta are looks.  I'd be very pleased and grateful for any help.  Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

4 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi all, I'm brand new to XP, this is all very confusing to me, when I go to DropBox I see a bunch of file folders.  Which folder do I choose first and which file(s)?  I'd like to see how the Atlanta are looks.  I'd be very pleased and grateful for any help.  Thanks.

Jack

If you hover the mouse on the upper right, you should have a "Download" button. Click it, and it will let you download a zip archive containing all those files, that you can then extract in a folder of your choice, and then you can go to the next steps.

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 minute ago, Murmur said:

If you hover the mouse on the upper right, you should have a "Download" button. Click it, and it will let you download a zip archive containing all those files, that you can then extract in a folder of your choice, and then you can go to the next steps.

Cool, thanks!

Jack Sawyer

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.