Sign in to follow this  
Ian S

Download questions

Hi 

I am just doing a re-install of P3Dv4 so have taken the opportunity to do a fresh install of FreeMeshGlobal using the new installation method. A couple of questions, 

- I don't understand the md5sums_fsx_global page, are the total file sizes for each continent listed somewhere to check all files have downloaded and installed correctly?

- I am getting an error message to the effect that the file - FreeMeshX - USA\scenery\Mt RainierLOD14bgl is corrupt?

cheers

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

Hello Ian,

The MD5SUMs are there as reference to checking the integrity of the downloaded files. Basically, a MD5sum is string of characters that is unique to each file. So if you check the MD5SUM for a file and the string of characters is identical to the one I provided, then that file is not corrupt.

You can easily determine the MD5SUM for any file using http://www.winmd5.com/. I believe all you have to do is just drag n' drop or browse the file in the utility and it will compute the MD5SUM. Unfortunately, file sizes are not a good enough check. You can have an identical file size but the MD5SUM could still be different.

MtRainierLOD14.bgl is a USA file, and is in one of the USA .bin files. As to which of the 27 .bin files, I am not sure since the installer-designer program does not exactly describe how to find that info. But it would be good to check all of the 27 .bin files anyway to ensure all of them have the integrity intact.