Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A romantic trip to Paris and back, on the two most popular airliners

Had a quick break with my girlfriend in Paris this week. Flew out of Manchester (EGCC) on a Ryanair 737-800 to Beauvais (LFOB), then got the bus/train into Paris, had some good fun there (including proposing to her, well, if you're gonna do it, Paris is the place eh? She said yes btw). Then back on the train to Paris Charles DeGaulle (LFPG) to board an Easyjet A320-200. Some pics, mostly of the aeroplanes and stuff. Note the Ryanair 737-800 NG using the forward airstairs, also note the Arabian military aerial refueling tanker taxying past us on the concourse at a very wet EGCC. You can also see our A320 and a Thomson B737 have both taxied across 23R/5L on the way to parking, having landed on 5R, whilst an airliner is holding for take off from 5L until we are clear. If you are wondering what the uniform picture is, that's French WW1 SPAD Fighter Ace Georges Guynemer's tunic in the Musée de l'Armée in Paris. As you can see from the pic of me and FiFi on a bridge over the Seine, Paris was enjoying much better weather than Manchester:

uUIbGmf.jpg

vO41wou.jpg

auMzYJW.jpg

IBCzrn5.jpg

PQdfyLn.jpg

ZnGpImh.jpg

Bmak18V.jpg

OFO7tTG.jpg

DzVkSr2.jpg

t7wA8qa.jpg

u9qJ4yH.jpg

3yPddJF.jpg