Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Sunwing livery?

Hi guys,
To be honest, due to the fact that everything related to sim world, I do as a hobby in my spare time only, avsim or generally any other forum aren't the best way to get in touch with me or gain my attention. 
Usually, I visit forums once per several months like in the case of this particular topic. :-)

And to shed some light on the problem with aircraft.cfg that occurred on my first NGX repaints, here is some info for those who have no experience with these files.
Like every single file read by any system or software, it has been written in some language. I do not know what kind of it is but we can simply read/write it in any text editor.
It looks like this example (taken from default 600 repaint delivered with plane):

Spoiler

[fltsim.0]
title=PMDG 737-600NGX PMDG House
sim=B737-600
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=pmdg
kb_checklists=Boeing737-600_check
kb_reference=Boeing737-600_ref
atc_airline=PMDG
atc_id=N736PM
atc_flight_number=736
atc_model=737-600
atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP
atc_type=BOEING
ui_createdby=PMDG
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=737-600NGX
ui_typerole=737-600
ui_variation=PMDG House
airline_name=PMDG Flight Test
description=Boeing 737-600 powered by CFM engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 737, 737-600 & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
visual_damage=0

If you take a look on "description" line, it has strings "\n" or "\n\n" and you won't find any second line of the text separated with "enter" button like in simple text we write usually (also here on forum).
Now, what "\n" means? Quick explanation of it found on other forum:

\n (Line Feed) - moves the cursor down to the next line without returning to the beginning of the line - In a *nix environment \n moves to the beginning of the line.

Tho, in FSX or P3D it should work, in P3D menu when you check plane's details, it doesn't separate lines in description. I can't recall if in FSX it used to work like it should, maybe it did. 
There is another string - "\r" - which is called Carriage Return and moves the cursor to the beginning of the line without advancing to the next line
Now combination of those to - \r\n will bring End Of Line.

As you can see, \n is a equivalent for "enter" button and it must be used in these config files. 
What I have done was using simply "enter" button to separate the default description from my www address, which generated a ridiculous loop of the empty or address lines.

description=Boeing 737-600 powered by CFM engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 737, 737-600 & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
Repaint by FSXLiveries.com

"Enter" button pressed once was the only thing that caused this mess for entire aircraft.cfg for particular model. Since the day I found out what happen, I just removed "enter" separation and added \n before Repaint...
That's the whole story about this mess.
Again, if anyone will find any repaint on my www causing it, please let me know via one of the channels I wrote in previous post. I will take the file down, diagnose it and re-upload in correct form.
Tho it isn't a commercial project, I always do my best to make everything properly. 

Regards