Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

Enjoyable Phenom100 KABQ-KMYF but...thrttl 89%

As stated Nice flight KABQ - KMYF FL320. Stalled it once climbing out around 22K Has set speed to 150Kts and 1850FPM VS. quickly killed AP dropped nose and sorted it out. But....I noticed the throttles on my A/C only go to 89% ???? I have many Add on A/C and this is the only one with the physical joystick throttles wide open the VC cockpit throttles only go to and read 89%  ???

Prefer light twin GA props and I don't fly Jets often. I planned the flight in FSX so the flight plan was already in the MFD. ( so no fiddling with those worriesome carenado knobs) AND I use the GTN 750 popup on another monitor just easily copy fltpln to it. You can turn off the copilot PFD and get minor FPS relief. All the NAV/HDG/AP/YD/ALT/etc buttons in the autopilot worked with no surprises this time. I give the Phenom a 7.5 out of ten. If only I could get the FMS / NAV thing to work on my PREMIER 1 - OR get the PREMIER 1 to read from the GTN 750.. alas

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

It's a nice aircraft, but it has a lot of flaws. I find the lack of a proper tutorial flight makes its very hard to get to grips to. The GTN1000 (which to be fair does have a video tutorial) is very daunting, and needs a lot of time and effort put into it before you can do any flying. It also has a bug that causes a CTD for a lot of people when you enter your current airport ICAO, although there is a workaround for this. I don't know if it's just me, but bird is very hard on framerate. My already low end PC can struggle to get a usable framerate.

I bought this recently, after moving to P3Dv4. I has been using the Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X as my main business jet of choice, but it's looking like it's going to be a long time before ES will have a P3Dv4 version ready. So I bought this to tie me over.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

On ‎17‎.‎09‎.‎2017 at 1:18 AM, mikebxb said:

But....I noticed the throttles on my A/C only go to 89% ???? I have many Add on A/C and this is the only one with the physical joystick throttles wide open the VC cockpit throttles only go to and read 89%  ???

Just to make sure, the thrustlevers are going only to 89%?   If it's engine RPM N1 then it' ok (on ground and at ISA conditions) as 89.5% is the maximum.

RPM increases with altitude. 

It barber poles at 285 KIAS. Used mouse to get more throttle. Currently  FL260,  270 KIAS (380 GS) 91.1 N1% and 747 ITT C   top o the green

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

4 hours ago, mikebxb said:

Used mouse to get more throttle.

In this case it seems that the throttle calibration isn't correct and you hardware throttle isn't reaching 100%.  

You can check this by enabling tool tips and hover the mouse over the thrustlevers, if they are not saying 100% then the calibration is off.

On 9/18/2017 at 9:51 PM, J35OE said:

In this case it seems that the throttle calibration isn't correct and you hardware throttle isn't reaching 100%.  

You can check this by enabling tool tips and hover the mouse over the thrustlevers, if they are not saying 100% then the calibration is off.

exactly.. The tool tips say 89%  but this is the ONLY plane behaving this way..hate to calibrate it for just one and over throttle all rest... Good suggestion though i'll play with it.

13 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

hate to calibrate it for just one and over throttle all rest... 

It's worth a try because I can't imagine that is possible to 'over throttle' by calibrating. 100% should be the limit in any case.