Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Has anyone here flown in a 787?

Was it as cold as a freezer?  I had my medium weight jacket and a blanket over my legs and feet on a United 767 from Newark to Heathrow this past Summer.  What a painful flight.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

11 hours ago, bic said:

Was it as cold as a freezer?  I had my medium weight jacket and a blanket over my legs and feet on a United 767 from Newark to Heathrow this past Summer.  What a painful flight.

I can't say I was cold on the 787 but my feet have frequently been cold on 747s, A330s and A340s. It's so long since I flew a 767 that I can't remember!

Bill

Some of those 767's are aging beyond their usefulness. Not surprised they can get cold now but also look at the statistics for flight cancellations on the 767's due to maintenance issues. The problem isn't with the 767's as it is with Airbus and Boeing not being able to produce replacements quickly enough. Also the reason why some 747's are still in passenger service, can't replace those quick enough either.

Aircraft production will always be slow

Matthew Kane

I fly every week for work. I flew on a United 787 in First class this past Feb.  The ride was quieter and smoother than the 777. The first class cabin was very comfortable. The air filtration system is incredible. You feel refreshed and not like you've been in a beer can for hours. The large Windows with electronic shade is awesome. The Captain allowed my wife and I on the flight deck prior to departure. With as many flights I've been on, the 787 was hand down the best for a twin.

Regarding cabin temp, that isn't aircraft specific. It's controlled on the flight deck. The 767 can be as hot or cold as the flight crew wants it to be.