Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

Stuck filing flight plan v2.3.0.0

Dave,

Just fired up v2.3 and it seems I cannot file a flight plan.  Its just stuck at the spinning mouse cursor.  Previous versions it would hang here a few seconds and then complete.  It does pick a STAR, but then continues to sit here.  It doesn't appear to crash as I can still click through quite a few menus, I just can't obtain clearance since the plan never finishes filing.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Is the power button Green at the bottom left of the screen?  If not, turn on your Battery and Avionics switch or you may need to check the Ignore Master Battery Switch and Ignore Avionics Switch options.

8 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Is the power button Green at the bottom left of the screen?  If not, turn on your Battery and Avionics switch or you may need to check the Ignore Master Battery Switch and Ignore Avionics Switch options.

Pwr light is green - I think I've always had the master/ignore avionics enabled since I've first used P2A.  What was interesting is the plan eventually filed but it took an incredibly long time.  I believe somewhere in the realm of 5 or so minutes before it completed.  It was only a short flight from CYYZ to KIAD so not sure what was up with that.  I'll have to play around with it some more to see if it happens on other flight plans.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

When you file, all the airport  setup work, including checking the weather and all the enroute elevations is done to verify the flight plan.  It is possible that there was a problem accessing the weather or elevation source or some other "fluke" that caused the delay. 

Normally it takes less than 60 seconds, even for relatively long and complex flights.

Dave

On 9/18/2017 at 9:19 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

When you file, all the airport  setup work, including checking the weather and all the enroute elevations is done to verify the flight plan.  It is possible that there was a problem accessing the weather or elevation source or some other "fluke" that caused the delay. 

Normally it takes less than 60 seconds, even for relatively long and complex flights.

Dave

Hey Dave, just getting back to testing this again.  Still seem to be having a huge delay on filing on a new flightplan (Different start/destination).  Probably about 3 minutes in to the filing action now and still waiting.

EDIT: Seems to be something to do with the "Sim Weather" option.  I changed to ActiveSky and so far so good.  Back down under 1 min.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Thanks for the update.  I'll see what's up with SIM Weather.

Are you on X-Plane, FSX or P3D?

What's the Start and Destination airports?

Thanks,

Dave

I was in P3D v4.  I tried about 3 or 4 different flight plans with start/end points.  CYYZ, JFK, IAD, didn't seem to matter.  Haven't tried XP yet.  Been on a P3D kick for awhile now since they went 64 bit. :)

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Thanks.  Yes the FSX/P3D SimWeather option has hit others.  I made some changes that should fix it in the next update.

Dave