Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

what does this button do?

Hi, can you tell me what the range numbers mean on the stationary camera controls? I read the manual but it just shows the button but doesn't say what it does. Thank you

Hi,

where exactly is this button and in which Lorby application?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

sorry, it's for ai tracker stationary mode. it's the same menu where you can select to see arriving traffic or departing traffic

Ah, OK. That is the pickup range for the automatic AI tracking by the stationary camera. If you are watching departing aircraft, then the camera will switch to the next plane as soon as the one it is following leaves this range. When watching arriving traffic, this is the  range where it will start tracking the plane until it has touched down.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Ok, thank you. I just wanted to say how grateful i am for this program. I have been using super traffic board for years but your program combines that with a moving camera, so I can just watch planes all day without having to select them. A long time ago I used active camera that did the same thing. That program was only for fs9 and for years there was nothing similar so it was really missed. I went to forums and asked for help finding something similar, but no one ever understood what I was referring to. Now finally you have answered that hope and as soon as I saw your program, I bought it right away. Thanks again.

Hi,

to be honest, I didn't know about "active camera" either. The focus of AITX was something different - initially it was developed as a tool to be able to sit in a cockpit while the AI logic does all the flying, from gate to gate. The goal was to deliver the illusion of piloting a plane to people who are physically incapable of operating an aircraft, not even a simulated one - but who nevertheless enjoy the illusion of doing just that. So AITX started with the "Pilot View" mode. This was immediately followed by the requirement to make AI do what you want, which is a major building block of AITX as well. Other viewing modes and camera control where the logical consequences. In the end the tool turned out to be useful for many things beyond the initial scope, so the AiTracker X app was born and I started to implement features geared towards simmers..

Best regards

LORBY-SI