Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Finished 4 tiles around Warsaw, Poland, at z;17/19/2

First flight...WOW!  Took a three minute take-off and climb out of EPWA to test the efficacy of my generation.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will post a series of shots around the city shortly....will be in the Screenshot Forum, soon...

The tiles were generated via "PL": National geographical institute of Poland

Whereby I can usually generate a tile on my system resources at about 20-25 minutes per tile on data-source 'average', but ...... by using PL as the data source, it took over 2 hours per tile!  Was it worth the time to generate....absolutely in my opinion.   Very happy with the visual results, and generated at:  zl17/19/2.

Screenshots, as soon as I can take off, and start snapping them....

Cheers,

Mitch

11 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Mitch, add this to it. It should give you a very accurate overlay (including landmarks).

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/38511-poland-pro-vfr-overlay/

Hopefully it's not too heavy, but do let me know how you get on.

Hi Tony...actually LOL....as you were typing this, I was sending out W2XP_Europe and my European Libraries to my Desktop, for when I took off, on the first flight, I had the four tiles at the top...and got only the virgin, actual sat captures. They were superb in detail....buildings, infrastructure, that had depth-of-mind-of-the-eye (my word set) that I wanted to see that with no overlay. So...that is what I am waiting for right now....for my kick-outs to make it to the transfer on my Desktop. I want to capture the actual ortho for everybody to view and judge, then I will overlay as with your suggestion, etc.

Thanks for your interest.   Tony...man oh man...it took me more than two hours per tile!!!!!!   Very slow seek and composition for  PL!

My first 3 minute test flight...had my eye, saying to the mind....glad you did it! LOLOLOLOL

Will post shortly....

POST EDIT:  Tony...btw...even with all my European overlay on my second run...when I brought the 4 tiles down to where my other Ortho4XP reside in my Custom Scenery.cfg file...I still was running at an amazing 28-33 FPS!  I am so impressed with XP11, running on my longer-in-the-tooth CPU (i7-975 Extreme)!!!!  I guess the EVGA GTX1070 FTW doesn't hurt either...lol.

POST EDIT 2:  "Ok Tony, am downloading your Poland Pro as I type this...and will have that in a series for you to see, ASAP.  Thanks again, for ALL the great work you have so GENEROUSLY offered to the community. Very much appreciated by myself, and all!"

Cheers,

Mitch'er