Sign in to follow this  
cubbybuddy

Switching Aircraft Crash after Loading in

I have used fsx se for quite a while now with minor problems that have now been fixed. Yesterday a new problem emerged and its actually a big problem for me. Normally, I load into the sim with the airport for the flight along with the clear skies weather theme (for active sky 2016) after loading in, I switch from the default trike to a more complex aircraft (pmdg) but then the sim ctds. I get the message "Microsoft Flight Simulator X has stopped working" and it just crashes. No, I don't do the click, click, click when i'm switching aircraft. This is normally after I select the aircraft and i'm loading back in with the aircraft.

Here is the event viewer log, it has been the same result and putting uiautomationcore.dll in the main FSX root folder didn't work. Full clean reinstalls and deleting fsx.cfg have been attempted but have come to no avail.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/16/2017 8:33:17 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      RyanInspiron
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x2820edf0
Faulting process id: 0x2e88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d32f64d89cbaff
Faulting application path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 26da034f-f369-46cc-9869-6363fc5aecc5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-17T03:33:17.814765500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>95290</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>RyanInspiron</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.62615.0</Data>
    <Data>559f9a9a</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c000041d</Data>
    <Data>2820edf0</Data>
    <Data>2e88</Data>
    <Data>01d32f64d89cbaff</Data>
    <Data>C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>26da034f-f369-46cc-9869-6363fc5aecc5</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

If anyone can help, I thank you in advance.

Specs:

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7 6700HQ quad core 2.6ghz OC to 3.25ghz

nVidia gtx 960M

16gb of Ram

1TB Hybrid Drive

Edited by cubbybuddy
Forgot to mention specs

Why are you starting the flight with the default trike?  Can I guess that you start every flight with the "Default" one?  An unknown faulting module will usually point to an addon that is not working.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have the feeling that this crash has something to do with the latest Windows 10 update. 

I tried yesterday the 15 min demo of flightinside and everything worked smooth with no issues, so I decided to buy the full version. Now this morning I wanted to make a first full flight in VR in P3Dv3 with the PMDG 737 and out of a sudden i got a CTD. And the only difference between yesterday evening and this morning is, that I activated flyinside and that windows installed an update. After reading in the flyinside forum it seems like more people got crashes with the PMDG after the latest windows update.

Edit: Deinstalled Windows update KB4038788 and P3D is working again 

i am starting the flight from the default aircraft which in my case is the trike because I read that it helps with the startup of the aircraft and etc

6 hours ago, charliearon said:

Why are you starting the flight with the default trike?  Can I guess that you start every flight with the "Default" one?  An unknown faulting module will usually point to an addon that is not working.

5 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

I have the feeling that this crash has something to do with the latest Windows 10 update. 

I tried yesterday the 15 min demo of flightinside and everything worked smooth with no issues, so I decided to buy the full version. Now this morning I wanted to make a first full flight in VR in P3Dv3 with the PMDG 737 and out of a sudden i got a CTD. And the only difference between yesterday evening and this morning is, that I activated flyinside and that windows installed an update. After reading in the flyinside forum it seems like more people got crashes with the PMDG after the latest windows update.

I will give this a try

7 hours ago, Labbi85 said:

How did u manage to uninstall KB4038788? Through the control panel or command prompt? I am asking because I am wonder if you got the “an error has occurred” message.