Sign in to follow this  
Jack Vince

737 Trim wheel moving on its own

After purchasing the NGX I have run into an issue which I dont understand. As soon as I set the trim for takeoff the trim wheel takes on a mind of its own and moves until the aircrat is trimmed complely nose down. As soon as I trim it back it does it again.

I have deleted all key assignments to trim and exhausted everything. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks, Jack

Normal behavior, brother.  That's the autopilot trimming.  In the 744 I fly it does it as well, as does my 772, just in those 2 latter jets there's no wheel to hear.

spacer.png

No I mean it does it on the ground and wont stop until its all the way nose down. Going to try getting rid of FSUIPC as it may be conflicting with my key bindings.

45 minutes ago, Jack Vince said:

Going to try getting rid of FSUIPC as it may be conflicting with my key bindings.

This solves the problem 90% of the time.  The other common problem is finding multiple assignments in the simulator.  You didn't mention if FSX or P3D but they will both apply default settings under certain conditions such as a controller being unplugged.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the same problem, posted yesterday (Didn't see this post). Did you have positive results deleting FSUIPC? In the NGX, I can hear the trim wheel and have to constantly readjust my trim setting which is perpetually moving noise-down. In the 777 and QOTSII, the trim moves full nose down quick. It wants to stay there and goes right back when I adjust the trim back up. Never had this issue before, but from what I've read, it's somewhat commonplace. 

5 hours ago, davidzill said:

I have the same problem, posted yesterday (Didn't see this post). Did you have positive results deleting FSUIPC? In the NGX, I can hear the trim wheel and have to constantly readjust my trim setting which is perpetually moving noise-down. In the 777 and QOTSII, the trim moves full nose down quick. It wants to stay there and goes right back when I adjust the trim back up. Never had this issue before, but from what I've read, it's somewhat commonplace. 

Did you even read the answer i wrote in your post?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

10 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

thats  the  issue  here  users  posting  their  issues  on  different   threads  makes it  hard  to  track it  down.  Btw you  might  have  better  off  to link  the  thread   so other  user  might  know  what  your  referring  to

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Yes I did and was not able to determine the root cause. I took to deleting FSUIPC, same thing. There is only one controller button set for elevator/aileron trim. Checked all controllers and axis settings, as well as keyboard assignments.