Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

Little Navmap Gtn750 import gfp problem

Hello,

First, a big thank you for this Great Little Navmap, so intuitive and stable program !:gaul:

I have the little "glitch" following : 2 errors during import a fp in the F1 GTN750...."Flight Plan contains unknown waypoints and so..." and "Unknown airway removed from imported flight plan"

FP created by Little Navmap : FPN/RI:F:KCRQ:F:DAG.J100.LAS:F:KLAS

P3Dv4, Little Navmap v1.4.4

Just to add...if I enter the same fp manually (KCRQ DAG MISEN CLARR LAS KLAS) or (KCRQ DAG J100 LAS KLAS) the GTN750 accepts it perfectly.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hi Richard,

I think the the GTN750 can save flight plans. What does it save for the manually entered  KCRQ DAG J100 LAS KLAS?

I guess AIRAC differences do not play a role here if you can add the same plan including airway manually.

Alex

2 hours ago, albar965 said:

Hi Richard,

I think the the GTN750 can save flight plans. What does it save for the manually entered  KCRQ DAG J100 LAS KLAS?

I guess AIRAC differences do not play a role here if you can add the same plan including airway manually.

Alex

Thank you for your answer Alex,

I think I've found the problem. From the GTN Pdf there is : "The GTN normally rejects a flight plan segment when the segment con-tains a waypoint with an ambiguous name. There are several waypoints in the world that share the same name."

In my flight plan there are 3 waypoints named "DAG" in 3 different countries : USA, POLAND and AUSTRALIA.

The same thing with "LAS" : USA, DOM REPBLC and CANARY ISLANDS !

The problem does not exist if I enter the waypoints directly in the GTN because the program asks me to choose the right waypoint if there are several that have the same name. So the program (Gtn) must certainly add a parameter somewhere since I can save the Fp and reload it without error.

What does it save for the manually entered  KCRQ DAG J100 LAS KLAS?

Interesting question but I do not know where Gtn "store" the flight plan created by hand on the hard drive (not the Gfp files). I'm baffled, I searched everywhere, I found nothing while I have nearly 100 fp saved !

Gtn should accept additional data such as references from a region or country, "K2" in my Fp example but I do not know if it's doable...?

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

That makes sense regarding waypoints.

But the GTN should be able to load FPN/RI:F:KCRQ:F:DAG.J100.LAS:F:KLAS because there is most likely only one DAG and only one LAS on the airway J100. Normally they have all information to resolve the waypoints if an airway is used.

The documentation about the GTN format I have around here does not mention regions (K2, ED, LI, etc.) and I do not have the official documentation. Maybe it contains a newer description of the format.

Regarding files: GTN flight plans are saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\F1TGTN\FPL or something like that.

Alex

38 minutes ago, albar965 said:

That makes sense regarding waypoints.

But the GTN should be able to load FPN/RI:F:KCRQ:F:DAG.J100.LAS:F:KLAS because there is most likely only one DAG and only one LAS on the airway J100. Normally they have all information to resolve the waypoints if an airway is used.

The documentation about the GTN format I have around here does not mention regions (K2, ED, LI, etc.) and I do not have the official documentation. Maybe it contains a newer description of the format.

Regarding files: GTN flight plans are saved to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\F1TGTN\FPL or something like that.

Alex

Yes, usually they have all information to resolve the waypoints if an airway is used like you say, but clearly their program does not take this into account in the case of imported Fp.

In this folder there are only Fp imported, there are no Fp created/stored directly from the Gtn. These are not found on the hard drive, I guess they may have a different extension. If I found them I think there would be to read things different from Fp imported on condition that they are readable of course (like I wrote "the program (Gtn) must certainly add a parameter somewhere since I can save the Fp and reload it without error").

Edit : I just asked on the F1 forum, I hope to have an answer ;-)

Regards,

Richard Portier

I got the answer from the F1 Gtn forum : This is saved in the embedded flash memory and not accessible.

I think it lacks at least one parameter (probably region) in Gfp files. This parameter would make it possible to distinguish waypoints from each other with the same name.

I think it lacks at least one parameter (I guess concerning region) in Gfp files. This parameter would distinguish waypoints with the same name. As long as the syntax of Gfp files will not be changed by the authors of the program, I am afraid that no conversion program can not solve this problem.

Anyway, it's always possible to import and edit a Fp with errors. It's quick to do. :gaul:

Regards,

Richard Portier

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like even Flight1 does not know the internal format but Garmin only.

Adding the region would solve these problem, that is right. But is not really needed. If I find duplicates when reading a route string I simply take the one which closest to the previous one. Does not work 100 percent but almost.

When using airways there should be no problem at all.

Best,

Alex

6 hours ago, albar965 said:

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like even Flight1 does not know the internal format but Garmin only.

Adding the region would solve these problem, that is right. But is not really needed. If I find duplicates when reading a route string I simply take the one which closest to the previous one. Does not work 100 percent but almost.

When using airways there should be no problem at all.

Best,

Alex

Just an idea, is it possible when converting Fp to Gfp file to put the geographical coordinates of the waypoint instead of its name? I ask this because in one of the Pdf of Gtn it is written: "The GTN will match the user waypoints in the imported flight plan with those in the user waypoint database, or assign a generic name to the waypoint if no existing waypoint is found at that location.".

I have not tested but if the Gfp filess accepts geographical co-ordinates it might be possible that when importing, Gtn finds the match and displays the waypoint's name. What do you think about that?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Interesting option. Could save all the problems with database mismatches. But the question is whether it works with the older GTN units too.

You try that out: Simply create a user defined waypoint above a "normal" waypoint. You have to disable the waypoint display on the LNM map, otherwise it grabs the waypoint.

LNM will use a coordinate like N53308W003076 when you save that as GFP.

Alex