Maestaru

Managing Views in P3D4

Can someone point me to the best thread for setting up my views.  

Specifically, I am trying to map my keyboard to the "upperhead panel 00" that is on the menu bar: Views/ Change View/ Cockpit.

This view is the straight-on view of the overhead switches on Carenado's Piper PA31T Cheyenne.

Also I have created some custom views and find them by right-clicking on the screen.  But can these also be mapped?

Really appreciate the help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

15 minutes ago, Maestaru said:

Can someone point me to the best thread for setting up my views.  

Specifically, I am trying to map my keyboard to the "upperhead panel 00" that is on the menu bar: Views/ Change View/ Cockpit.

This view is the straight-on view of the overhead switches on Carenado's Piper PA31T Cheyenne.

Also I have created some custom views and find them by right-clicking on the screen.  But can these also be mapped?

Really appreciate the help.

I've never had any luck setting up views like I want with the default system (doesn't mean it cant be done).  Have u given thought to use an utility like Chaseplane or EZdok?  I use Chaseplane and it makes setting up views quick and easy.

I used EZdock in FSX years ago, with undesirable effects as it reset all my own key maps.  It was probably my own fault as I must have clicked the wrong button during installation and setup.  Nonetheless...

Is Chaseplane more user-friendly? 

Is the only way to access my pre-made cameras by right-clicking on the screen?  Seems counter-intuitive, and hard to do when coming in on approach or final.  A quick way to toggle through these custom views would be most welcome...

1 minute ago, Maestaru said:

I used EZdock in FSX years ago, with undesirable effects as it reset all my own key maps.  It was probably my own fault as I must have clicked the wrong button during installation and setup.  Nonetheless...

There will be many that will argue this but yes I do find Chaseplane much more user friendly.  One thing that scares a lot of people off is u need a live internet connection to use Chaseplane (In its current build anyways).  Find a couple YouTube videos on both and compare.

ChasePlane was created / based on being not only IMMENSELY User Friendly, but highly intuative as well.  I hated EZDOC's learning curve, but I jumped right into ChasePlane day one and didn't have a single issue with getting it to work.  Literally Point and Click type settings for the cockpit, flight deck and outside.  It even reads all your airports (default and third party) and you can click runways and taxiways to instantly go there as well.

FSFX's customer support is first rate.

ChasePlane is an award worthy product, and has my highest recommendation.

CAVEAT:  My wife doesn't put much stock in my recommendations!  LOL

3 hours ago, Maestaru said:

In just about every facet IMO.

I was watching the Q8Pilot video and he said that Chaseplane should be allowed to clear the user's current key maps.  Why is this necessary, especially for someone like me who enjoys tweaking both key and yoke assignments, most of them have nothing to do with views (for example, "A" is used to toggle the autopilot, "X" toggles the autopilot menu, and "G" toggles the Garmin 750).

On another note, why does Chaseplane need a network connection?  Is the connection only needed during install, or is it a permanent requirement?  Just curious.

I used Ezdoc for years and never had a problem. Then along came Chaseplane. And I've never looked back. I personally like CP a lot more.

3 hours ago, Maestaru said:

On another note, why does Chaseplane need a network connection?  Is the connection only needed during install, or is it a permanent requirement?  Just curious.

Yes, needs a permanent connection :(