Sign in to follow this  
njuser

End of Route problems

Hi All,

I am having some issues with my flight plans.  I create them using PFPX and successfully upload them to the FMC and successfully fly almost the entire route to the end.  On the legs page, all way points are there.  However, every time, I get an FMC end of route error and the route ends on my display map.  I'm fairly novice at this so if I missed something in the manual or this is an error with a STAR, please point me in the right direction.  Thank you!

Seth

Hi Seth, please note that PMDG requires our full names on posts in their forums.

The SID and STAR are stripped from the flight plan that you import from PFPX.  This is also explained in the Introduction document.  Once you import the plan you then select departure runway and SID then typically i select my STAR and approach around 1000 nm before destination, and then again around 100 nm before TOD I verify weather and do a pre descent  flow. 

By the way, if you use the 777 to save a flight plan with the terminal procedures included they will be retained.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for the response.  Got it.  Did not know that the SID and STAR were excluded.  That is included in the documents for the 777 or for PFPX?  Want to look that up again.  I will be sure to program them separately next time.

Dumb question then, I have programmed a STAR while on route before and it gets displayed in my map, however, the flight plan line (the actual route shown in my display) does not show that it "connects" to the STAR.  There is no discontinuity either in the FMC.  Any thoughts on that?  

Thanks.

Seth Dorsky 

The Introduction document for the 777.  Lots of important information in there.

Discontinuities are not unusual, there are dozens of reasons and you didn't provide specifics so I'm not going to guess.  Normally, the arrival starts at either a specific waypoint or has transitions from a set of waypoints and the enroute plan will go as far as the arrival start.  Sometimes the enroute segment has to be adjusted depending on the desired arrival.  It is unusual to have a discontinuity between enroute and arrival.

In the US, it is common for there to be a discontinuity between the arrival and the approach.  This is where ATC takes over and provides vectors to final.  There are also many examples of where the arrivals take you all the way to the IAF for the approach such as KLAX.  Again, without knowing your specifics I cannot be much help.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP