Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Report P3Dv3.4 crashes to LM using Link

Guest JustanotherPilot

Some of us have been experiencing CTD when P3Dv3.4 load to 100% on startup. It has been linked, but not proven, that the latest Windows 7/10 security update (KB4038788) is causing this. Some users have had some success by removing this update and running Prepar3D, but, this is not a permanent fix. Lockheed Martin are aware of the problem and have started a special thread(listed below). Can users that are having this problem post their Appcrash or Eventviewer logs or take note of the offending module and report it on the LM website using the link below. I myself have uninstalled/reinstalled Prepar3D client and content and other reinstalls but none have been successful - even removing the KB4038788 update did not work. I have run out of ideas on a fix.

For those users having similar issues with P3Dv4 use the same link, noting that the fault is with v4 on the post

The more info LM have, the closer a fix will be found.

Thanks for your assistance in solving this

Steve

Prepar3D v3.4 crash reports

Someone should go in and post a report with a link to the large topic in this forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guest JustanotherPilot
1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

Someone should go in and post a report with a link to the large topic in this forum.

Jim,

Dont know what this means and would you be able to edit the title of my post and insert "this " in front of Link....might attract more users if they know they can do it from here. I am unable to edit the post myself

Steve

Thanks for the "crash report" link--In clicking on your link I found very helpful information on what is currently happening for P3D v.3.4 users (me) and version 4 users due to what looks like a MS Win update. I hope more simmers see your post and link so they too can better understand what and why these CTD's are happening. Some helpful work arounds for now have been posted.

12 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Jim,

Dont know what this means and would you be able to edit the title of my post and insert "this " in front of Link....might attract more users if they know they can do it from here. I am unable to edit the post myself

Steve

There's a large topic in this forum about individuals having crashes with the MS security update.  Your topic indicates LM wants to know about others getting this crash.  Just thought that maybe someone would go to LM forums and post a crash report with a link to the large topic here in the AVSIM CTD Forum.  We merged most of the reports members were having into that one large report.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guest JustanotherPilot
6 hours ago, Jim Young said:

There's a large topic in this forum about individuals having crashes with the MS security update.  Your topic indicates LM wants to know about others getting this crash.  Just thought that maybe someone would go to LM forums and post a crash report with a link to the large topic here in the AVSIM CTD Forum.  We merged most of the reports members were having into that one large report.

Best regards,

Jim

Good idea. I've counted about 6 threads here at Avsim all relating to the same topic, don't know how we can link them all up to avoid repetition. I try to show the LM link at all the posts but it doesn't seem to be working as a new post pops up daily.

Steve

Okay.  Not a problem.  Based on your topic, I'm sure many of the members having issues have already gone to the link you provided and reported the issues.  My thoughts were just thoughts.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Guest JustanotherPilot

An update from LM as at Friday 22nd 10am AEST

"We will let you know when we have more information. Thanks for your patience and we are incredibly sorry for the inconvenience."

LM have been aware of the problem with P3D v3.4 CTD on 100% load from day one and are liaising with Microsoft for a fix......hopefully soon.

steve

I just installed Visual Studio, which forced the latest Windows updates over a period of a couple of days, including the security update.  So far, no issues in P3DV4 other than one Carenado aircraft that can't be loaded as a default aircraft, causes a crash upon P3D loading the scenario.  This issue was present before Windows updates were applied.  I have chosen to keep the security update.  Has anyone tried to load P3d as an admin to see if that makes a difference?

John

Guest JustanotherPilot
16 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

I just installed Visual Studio, which forced the latest Windows updates over a period of a couple of days, including the security update.  So far, no issues in P3DV4 other than one Carenado aircraft that can't be loaded as a default aircraft, causes a crash upon P3D loading the scenario.  This issue was present before Windows updates were applied.  I have chosen to keep the security update.  Has anyone tried to load P3d as an admin to see if that makes a difference?

John

John,

I'm pretty sure LM recommend P3D be loaded as Admin as standard...in any case, it makes no difference problem still exists, a user over at the LM forums has had no CTD in Prepar3D v3.4 by loading a stock aircraft and an airport in Antarctica, once Prepar3D has loaded and is stable then select your aircraft and airport.......fly as normal Still only a workaround and no permanent fix. There doesn't seem to be any problems with v4.

11 hours ago, JustanotherPilot said:

John,

I'm pretty sure LM recommend P3D be loaded as Admin as standard...in any case, it makes no difference problem still exists, a user over at the LM forums has had no CTD in Prepar3D v3.4 by loading a stock aircraft and an airport in Antarctica, once Prepar3D has loaded and is stable then select your aircraft and airport.......fly as normal Still only a workaround and no permanent fix. There doesn't seem to be any problems with v4.

So far the Carenado Malibu seems to be the only aircraft I have had this problem with.  My default flight has the Carenado 337 as the default aircraft at Napa Airport, 18R, no problems loading that flight as the default.

John

Guest JustanotherPilot

UPDATE from LM over at the Prepar3D Forums

"Microsoft will include a fix for this issue in a Windows 10 update scheduled for release around November 14th. This issue was caused due to a bug introduced in the KB4038788 update. This issue is specific to 32-bit applications which is why Prepar3D v4 was unaffected by this update."

-From Rob McCarthy

Just under a month before we get a fix......Can't believe it's taken MS song long for this fix

Thanks for the update but we posted this info a couple of days ago. See sticky.

Submit News to AVSIM

Guest JustanotherPilot
8 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Thanks for the update but we posted this info a couple of days ago. See sticky.

Apologies Jim,

Missed that one.

Steve