Sign in to follow this  
mattria

P3D v4 PC Spec Advice

Hello,

I am planning on buying a laptop (I travel a lot) for P3D v4 from Origin PC. I don't really have a budget, and so came up with the below. Tell me what you guys think, and if there's anything that needs improving, or if you think I can save money on something. I'm not really a hardware expert which is why I'm asking.

Laptop Platform: EON17-SLX

Display Type: QFHD 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS G-SYNC Display

Graphic Cards: Single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB [VR Ready]

Processors: Intel Core i7 7700K Quad-Core 4.2GHz (4.5GHz TurboBoost)

Memory: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3000MHz (2 X 16GB)

Operating System: MS Windows 10 Home

M.2 SSD Option: m.2 SSD OS Drive

M.2 SSD Drive: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2

Audio: Integrated High-Definition Audio powered by Sound Blaster Xfi MB5 w/ external 7.1   support

Onboard LAN: Dual Killer™ E2400

Networking: Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 + BT Combo

Thanks!

That is a very potent laptop, must be near fastest and best one can get.

I'd add in a 500G SSD for the OS and programs, Then increase that 1BT to 2 or 3TB.

Looks good to me. I can only imagine the cost of that lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

There's the option to upgrade the RAM to 64GB, but I've heard this is pointless for P3D, and to have a dual 1080 GPU, which I've heard can potentially decrease FPS due to VRAM...

15 hours ago, mattria said:

Display Type: QFHD 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS G-SYNC

It sounds like a very high end laptop but 4k on a 17" screen is a complete waste of time. There seems to be a trend to put the highest possible screen resolution in laptops and all it does is to necessitate a high-power GPU. You won't even see the pixels of a 2560x1440 display at that size.

One thing to bear in mind is the potential size of menu text at 4k/17". Anything which doesn't scale efficiently will be minuscule.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit