Sign in to follow this  
veemaniq

P3D v4 and ORBX, REX and other Add-On's

Hi,

I was wondering how ORBX, REX and other add-on's are integrated into p3d v4.

Currently I am using P3D v3 and the above add-on's and they are taking nearly 175GB of disk space all together. I now have approximately 130GB of free space left on my 500GB SSD.

Now I planning to get P3D v4 and do not want to uninstall v3 yet, till I have a stable v4. I am curious if add-on's like ORBX utilize the same set of scenery and related files/folders or do they take up additional space. I am afraid the latter might be the case (because of 64 bit codes) but was not sure. I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

veemaniq

The new FTXcentral will actually reuse any compatible files from previous installs, but I believe it does copy them to a folder specific to P3Dv4, only saving you from re-downloading.  My Orbx folder in P3Dv4 with base, NALC, vector and a few airports is 95gb.  I don't use rex at the moment, so I can't comment.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

With REX just add the other simulator in the settings screen and should be good to go. Make sure you upgrade to the latest versions of course.

Thank you Gridley and Slayer for your prompt response.

Good to know that for REX we just have to point to the sim. I now realize that they have a folder outside of the sim folder which makes sense.