Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch v2.4.7 RC

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce v2.4.7 Release Candidate is now available!

This update includes stability and performance enhancements, and corrects all known issues to date.

Please make sure to post your feedback for this version in this thread only. Once we get enough feedback, this will become an official release through "Check Updates..."

Download link for both e-commerce installers

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just tried out the new versions. GNS 430/530 as usual work with no problems. The GTN 650/750 has fixed the problem with second power up. Powered battery on/off a dozen times with both 650 and 750 starting up okay. The only problem I do have and it may be to do with my AMD drivers, which are the latest, but I still have last screen freeze on 750/650 when power off, it does not go too black. This is and old problem I have and it may be something in my setup for the Garmin but I can live with it. In the Bell  429 I fixed it by adding my own black screen with power off.

Tom.

• Upvote 1

Hi Tom, this probably is the last issue remaining, and this doesn't seem widespread at all, so you are probably right it might be related to the AMD driver, or your system to some extent. What I still don't get is that when powering off, this  latest version repaints the screen once more in black?!? There might still be a bug in our code which we haven't debunked yet somehow though, and I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of this at one point. It is just hard to find because we can't repro at all.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc.  YES!  I started up with several different aircraft and after cycling the Battery on & off twice in each scenario, the GT 750 started up just fine with different aircraft in different locations.

Thanks a Lot,  Howard

• Upvote 1

Hi Jean-Luc.  I am still noticing that sometimes it still takes 7 or 8 cycles of the battery switch and I still will get the black screen, even after deleting and reinstalling the plug in.

Thanks, Howard

Howard, sometimes you need to wait a little before powering back on again.

This is the time for the Trainer process to restart. In most cases, 2-3 secs is enough for the trainer to start displaying the first boot screen (Garmin logo) after applying electrical power.

Can you confirm you are waiting a little before cycling power again, in other words your are waiting at least about say 5 secs but it stays black?

Jean-Luc,  I took your advice and waited 10 or 15 seconds, and the 750 started up just as you said.

Thanks, as always.  Howard

• Upvote 1

The GTN Trainer process is quite heavy to boot up sometimes. This gives me the idea to probably paint the screen in gray while it is booting, in order to let user know there is something happening and it is not stuck.

• Upvote 1

I tried downloading the 2.4.7 version but can’t figure out how to install it.  I tried running the installer but it only shows version 2.4.6.  Could someone tell me where I am going wrong?

I've download the updates from the link posted at the top of this thread, and cross-checked these are 2.4.7 installer, both shown in the e-commerce installer, and in the detailed properties of the RXP software installer extracted after e-commerce reinstall authentication (reinstall + key + password).

Just use the links at the top of this thread instead of the home page. V2.4.7 is still RC for now. We are further working on it in parallel of our GTN Touch for FltSim at this time prior making it an official release, this to ensure we don't break our X-Plane customers who would also install our Fltsim version, and we're still correcting a few other things, adding a few more too.