Sign in to follow this  
RancidViper

7.41 not detecting my a2a planes

Hi guys,

As the title suggests, my a2a planes were still not discovered by the new installer. My carenado and Aerosoft discus were found without any issues but the a2a planes were not. I know others have got it working fine so it has to be something with my set up.

Any ideas?

Also I couldn't get the sound output to come from my headset even though I had it set in the voiceconfig.exe and within the sim.

Cheers

On 9/17/2017 at 7:37 PM, RancidViper said:

Hi guys,

As the title suggests, my a2a planes were still not discovered by the new installer. My carenado and Aerosoft discus were found without any issues but the a2a planes were not. I know others have got it working fine so it has to be something with my set up.

Any ideas?

Also I couldn't get the sound output to come from my headset even though I had it set in the voiceconfig.exe and within the sim.

Cheers

Not much to go on here. Did you uninstall the previous version of VoxATC before installing 7.41? A2A is otherwise working? Is the sim P3d v4? I have 3 A2A planes (Cessna, Cherokee, and Comanche) all worked well with no special tweaking on my part. 

4 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Not much to go on here. Did you uninstall the previous version of VoxATC before installing 7.41? A2A is otherwise working? Is the sim P3d v4? I have 3 A2A planes (Cessna, Cherokee, and Comanche) all worked well with no special tweaking on my part. 

Sorry for not mentioning before, yes I did uninstall the previous version, which was also 7. something, just the version before this one.

I didn't uninstall the voxpop base or voices, and they all loaded up just fine in all other planes.

The sim is P3D V4, and I have the A2A 172 and Comanche 250, both work perfectly in the sim, they just don't have the VoxAtc Panel in the vehicles folder. The panel installer detected all other planes except the A2A ones but I think those 2 are the only 2 which use the new Addon method.. :(

You can get them to work by adding the required vox lines to the aircrafts panel.cfg yourself, as mentioned in previous posts but that doesn't answer your original question as to what has stopped the entries being added automatically by the indexer procedure.

Could there be something not quite as expected in your P3dv4 addons folder, for example?

On 9/20/2017 at 5:38 PM, john1383 said:

You can get them to work by adding the required vox lines to the aircrafts panel.cfg yourself, as mentioned in previous posts but that doesn't answer your original question as to what has stopped the entries being added automatically by the indexer procedure.

Could there be something not quite as expected in your P3dv4 addons folder, for example?

The only thing I can think of is that my user documents folder is on my D drive while usually it would be on C. I wonder if this is confusing the panel installer. I might try and move the addon folder temporarily to C and see if that works, if not I will try copying the panel entries.

Cheers

15 hours ago, john1383 said:

Worth a try to see if that shows where the problem is.

That seemed to do the trick! :D Got it working now! Thanks for your help.. :)