Sign in to follow this  
Guest-475

Justflight Piper Arrow will be released for X-Plane 11

Your title got me excited. I fly a Warrior in real life, but JF has only announced the Arrow so far. Hopefully the Warrior they developed for FSX/P3D will follow soon. I really want a good warrior in XP because the only existing one from Aerosphere is kind of 'meh'. 

• Upvote 1

Oops, sorry about that! :happy: I corrected the title...

But they already said that they would be willing to release more of their planes for XP when the Arrow sells well.

Great to see another developer making planes for XP11... but boy do we have a lot of Piper PA28s!  Between vfylteair, Aerosphere, Carenado and now the Just Flight developments.   :biggrin:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Not that I really need another Piper to fly in X-Plane, but I'll likely pick this up simply to show support and encourage them porting more of their library.

I could think of a few aircraft found there that I'd love to see in X-Plane, but since they're likely focusing on their in-house developed aircraft, I'd be most excited about seeing their Hawk make it across. There's a distinct lack of such aircraft in X-Plane.

But really, anything they might choose to add is good news.

• Upvote 1

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Man that JF PA-28 is doing the rounds, three different variants, with most available for FSX, FSX-SE, P3D, FSW, now XP11, I'm half expecting it to appear as DLC for Call of Duty next lol.

Still, for those of you who've not got it for any of those ESP-based sims, I should imagine it will be well worth a look for XP11 if you like decent add-on GA aeroplanes.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Those of us who have followed Just Flight and their products, I suspect that this Piper is the first Just Flight aircraft for which they have had total control, thus the excitement and its availability on all platforms. I sense that JF finally understood in which direction to take their business. As with Aerosoft, their total dependence on third parties sometimes would give them a bad reputation. I hope the Piper is the first among many others that will become a new standard in aircraft development. There is a big difference between the big airliners and the small GA in terms of complexity, so it's good that JF is starting with the easy planes. Besides, the heavy ones are well covered.

tony

Actually, they've made quite a few themselves in-house, and they've been pretty good, recently preceding their GA PA-28 was their excellent TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad add-on, which I actually prefer to their PA-28.. 

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Man that JF PA-28 is doing the rounds, ... I'm half expecting it to appear as DLC for Call of Duty next lol.

made me laugh out loud :-)

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Actually, they've made quite a few themselves in-house, and they've been pretty good, recently preceding their GA PA-28 was their excellent TB10 Tobago and TB20 Trinidad add-on, which I actually prefer to their PA-28.. 

I stand corrected, yet the point is the same. Let's all wish JF( a veteran house) all the luck.

tony

On 9/18/2017 at 7:50 PM, flyforever said:

I stand corrected, yet the point is the same. Let's all wish JF( a veteran house) all the luck.

tony

Absolutely. :cool:

Alan Bradbury

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Absolutely. :cool:

Will you be reviewing it, Chock?  I look forward to flying this bird.

On 9/19/2017 at 0:13 AM, WR269 said:

Will you be reviewing it, Chock?  I look forward to flying this bird.

Dunno, although I'd certainly be interested to do so, as I have it for both FSW and P3D, so it would be nice to see how it compares, particularly between FSW and XPlane 11 since they both feature some very nice lighting and texturing capabilities.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

The only problem is their price.  XP addons are much less than ESP -based addons.  41 bucks is a high end addon on the XP world.  Even aerobasks latest GA is only 35 bucks. Vflyte has an amazing Twin Comanche for only 30 bucks.  For 40 I expect something innovative and incredible.  It does look good though.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

True. But I think that will be the natural consequence when/if more and more established developers begin to offer addons for X-Plane: prices will definitely increase overall.

That being said... The overall quality of X-Plane addons (in all price ranges) has also increased a lot within the last year.