Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Superb addon

Hi Simbol

I installed the freeware utility last night and I really like it.  The dynamic lighting makes the experience at airports much more immersive.  I love it.

One thing I did notice.  When aircraft are parked up at the gate, the tail strobe flashes (this happened  only with 747 models for some reason).  I didn't investigate to see whether it which models were being used, but I did notice that to be a specific point of note on 747 tail strobes.

Thanks so much again

50 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Hi Simbol

I installed the freeware utility last night and I really like it.  The dynamic lighting makes the experience at airports much more immersive.  I love it.

One thing I did notice.  When aircraft are parked up at the gate, the tail strobe flashes (this happened  only with 747 models for some reason).  I didn't investigate to see whether it which models were being used, but I did notice that to be a specific point of note on 747 tail strobes.

Thanks so much again

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your kind words, they are really appreciated.

Regarding your particular problem with the 747 planes, please try to identify the AI model, open their corresponding Aircraft.cfg file and find the Lights section, you will notice that the strobe lights were configured either as beacon lights or navigation lights.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing,  6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin

Anything using strobes effects should be configured as light type 2.

Let me know how it goes, if you want me to help you directly with the changes just contact me privately.

All the best,
Simbol

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Hi Erich,

Thanks for your kind words, they are really appreciated.

Regarding your particular problem with the 747 planes, please try to identify the AI model, open their corresponding Aircraft.cfg file and find the Lights section, you will notice that the strobe lights were configured either as beacon lights or navigation lights.

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing,  6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin

Anything using strobes effects should be configured as light type 2.

Let me know how it goes, if you want me to help you directly with the changes just contact me privately.

All the best,
Simbol

HI Simbol

Thanks for your response.  For the benefit of anyone else perhaps having the same problem, what is it that I need to change - and where?

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

HI Simbol

Thanks for your response.  For the benefit of anyone else perhaps having the same problem, what is it that I need to change - and where?

You will find something similar to this:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -44.88, -100.53, 7.72, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -44.88, 100.53, 7.72, fx_navgre
light.2 = 2, -45.23, -100.58, 7.74, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -45.23, 100.58, 7.74, fx_strobe

light.4 = 2, 10.39, 0, -6.32, fx_beacon
light.5 = 1, 65.64, 0, 19.01, fx_beacon
light.6 = 3, -117.19, -0.15, 11.06, fx_navwhi
light.7 = 3, -117.19, 0.15, 11.06, fx_strobe

On this particular example, light.7 was configured wrong by the developer of the AI Plane, you need to change the type from 3 to 2:

light.7 = 2, -117.19, 0.15, 11.06, fx_strobe

This particular  problem with strobes lights wrongly configured has been there for years, the reason you are noticing it now is because my tool has finally fixed the missing strobes and other lights under Prepard 3DV4.

Best Regards,

Simbol

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

You will find something similar to this:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -44.88, -100.53, 7.72, fx_navred
light.1 = 3, -44.88, 100.53, 7.72, fx_navgre
light.2 = 2, -45.23, -100.58, 7.74, fx_strobe
light.3 = 2, -45.23, 100.58, 7.74, fx_strobe

light.4 = 2, 10.39, 0, -6.32, fx_beacon
light.5 = 1, 65.64, 0, 19.01, fx_beacon
light.6 = 3, -117.19, -0.15, 11.06, fx_navwhi
light.7 = 3, -117.19, 0.15, 11.06, fx_strobe

On this particular example, light.7 was configured wrong by the developer of the AI Plane, you need to change the type from 3 to 2:

light.7 = 2, -117.19, 0.15, 11.06, fx_strobe

This particular  problem with strobes lights wrongly configured has been there for years, the reason you are noticing it now is because my tool has finally fixed the missing strobes and other lights under Prepard 3DV4.

Best Regards,

Simbol

Great stuff. Many thanks

erich

35 minutes ago, ScottecLEMD said:

Best and simplest addon I've seen in ages. And, finally, no more huge, ugly lights in P3D. Can't wait to see what the professional version brings.

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your support, I am working to improve the Sim landing lights effects which will be one of the features of the professional edition.

Landing lights are hardcoded by the Sim and attached inside the AI models, but I found a way to override them a couple of weeks ago 😉.

My current efforts are now focused in designing lights effects for the landing lights that looks as real as possible in comparison with real world, to achieve this I need multiple effects launching at different times, weather conditions, distances etc. So I am creating an effect control engine since the one provided by the ESP engine is inefficient.

I hope people will like the results, which I believe would be awesome.

Please enjoy the product.

Regards 

Simbol 

I am still using shockwave redux for the Landu g lights. They look fine up close but turn into an ugly white ball as th distance increases, even when the aircraft is facing away from you.

Your lights are very realistic, especially the nav. Working in aviation and spending evenings on my terrace you begin to realise just how difficult it actually is to see nav and beacon lights and I think you have managed that.  

Keep up the excellent work 😉

• Upvote 1

Complete and utter insurrection

Just to clarify the professional edition will improve the landing lights for AI planes.

29 minutes ago, ScottecLEMD said:

I am still using shockwave redux for the Landu g lights. They look fine up close but turn into an ugly white ball as th distance increases, even when the aircraft is facing away from you.

I am working to minimise this problem as much as possible with my own lights and effect engine.

33 minutes ago, ScottecLEMD said:

Your lights are very realistic, especially the nav. Working in aviation and spending evenings on my terrace you begin to realise just how difficult it actually is to see nav and beacon lights and I think you have managed that.  

Keep up the excellent work 😉

Thanks for noticing this and pointing it out, my product is trying to replicate real world environments as much as possible, I expended a considerable amount of time looking at planes taking off and landing at Gatwick airport  researching before tweaking the new designed effects.

35 minutes ago, ScottecLEMD said:

Oh, one other point to mention, with a lot of newer model aircraft, the traditional strobe is being replaced by LEDs which turn on and off as opposed to flash.  I will see if this can find some info in that for you.

Yes I am aware of this, strobe lights improvement is also another feature of the pro version as not all planes have the same strobes pattern or intensity, so this will be improved within the limitations imposed by LM SDK.

Please send me the information privately via avsim or via email at support@fsreborn.com.

Enjoy your flying, best regards,

Simbol