Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Making Airport buildings/objects and ground/taxiway textures brighter

Hi All

I currently use ORBX lights configurator for town/roads/car lighting etc.  It works really well and I am very pleased with night lighting in general.

However, when it comes to addon airports,  the light textures are considerably dull. Buildings, ground textures and even the taxiway markings are dim.  I've noticed this at the new Frankfurt airport, Heathrow, and UK2000's new Gatwick.  My VC textures are also overly dark.  

I'm currently using Adamski's Adam_25_04 PTA preset and have made adjustments to the night ambient and diffuse settings with no real change.

Are there any specific parameters I should concentrate on for airport lighting to help resolve this issue?

cheers

erich

Before I dive in to take a look at this myself - are you re-applying the PTA preset after modifying the parameters (which should then clear the shaders cache). Just checking!

It's just that it seems your PTA changes aren't having any effect.

I can't test UK2000 stuff - but could use Frankfurt as a test.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

55 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Before I dive in to take a look at this myself - are you re-applying the PTA preset after modifying the parameters (which should then clear the shaders cache). Just checking!

It's just that it seems your PTA changes aren't having any effect.

I can't test UK2000 stuff - but could use Frankfurt as a test.

Adam.

Hi Adam, 

To be honest, I specifically remember clearing the shader cache, and saving the setting changes.  I can;t remember re-applying the preset with the changes.  Quite an obvious step, which I may have not done.

I love your preset - daytime and  night time are great - everywhere except the airports.

My Flytampa Amsterdam, and the 2 UK airports are very dim at night.

OK ... any chance of a screenshot for EDDF? I have ORBX GEN and Global - but I don't run the FTX lights configurator.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

7 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

OK ... any chance of a screenshot for EDDF? I have ORBX GEN and Global - but I don't run the FTX lights configurator.

Adam.

Sure, I'll post one this evening.

22 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

22 hours ago, ErichB said:

Sure, I'll post one this evening.

I was unable to get to anything sim related last night.

Could someone please share which PTA parameters I need to amend to make airport ground textures, taxiway lights, and airport buildings brighter at night.  The problem is only night lighting.

Is it the moonlight diffuse/ambient parameters?

Additionally, my cockpit lighting in both the 737 and 777 is dark.  The 737 overhead panel as an example - I can adjust the overhead panel lighting using the o/h lighting adjustment knob, but the switches themselves are so dark I cant make them out at all.  I need some more VC lighting to slightly reflect off the switches.  Which parameter which I use for this?

As good as PTA is, someone needs to re-write the broken english of the original instructions written by Yuri.  It's badly worded and ambiguous in some instances.

Specific examples of how to edit specific lighting aspects within the sim would be good.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.