Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

I hope they finish the 777 line with a -200ER... At the moment the RR Trent 800 howl is sorely lacking in the flight sim world.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

What about a 787?  It seems like a logical progression to me. :mellow:

Meh...too much automation equals bordom...

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

+1 as the -8 will already have some features of the 787 inside (if they simulate all of the features)
And the 777-X is far away from a simulated version. 737MAX could be another option (together with a overall remake with all new technics of the 747)

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

22 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Meh...too much automation equals bordom...767?

spacer.png

As I am about to embark on a not so much planned for extended break from simming, I'll cast my vote for something that should be gracing the heavens by the time I get back into the hobby, NCC1701E. That or a Death Star, I'm not picky.

If I recall, their data suggests that their customers want automation and glass cockpits above anything. The data on the Max simply doesn't exist yet. The -8 has a variant of the same engines found on the 787 so it would be logical for the 787 to be the next step. Although I do recall RSR saying that they'd take a break after the -8 then double back for a 777 or 737 expansion so I don't know which order the possible 787 or Max will be in with regards to the possible upcomimg expansions.

You have to bear in mind that QW have a 787 coming out for FSX and P3D pretty soon, and whilst it might not have every switch and button working, it is apparently fairly comprehensive, and that means it might not be the wisest choice to be banging one of those out after people have already bought one for 60 quid. but of course their FSX 737 NG and their P3D one came out after iFly had theirs out and it didn't harm sales that much, so who knows?

Although PMDG do have a bit of a reputation for doing Boeing stuff, they have of course also made an MD11, Jetstream, Beech 1900 and a DC-6, so they do tackle other stuff, and there are quite a few less well trodden ones they could go for which have not been done to any high level, for example the Embraer jets, or the Sukhoi Superjet, or one of the many business jets, or a turboprop such as the ATR-42/72, or a SAAB 340 or some such. Then again, they could also go back and have another stab at the Boeing 757 and 767, which they have made in the distant past.

Personally, I'd like to see them do a classic jetliner such as a Convair 880 or a DC-8 or DC-9, but I doubt they would consider it because most people want that glass in the cockpit and an FMC. That said, I reckon if they made a DC-3 it would be a no brainer purchase for everyone since it is the best aeroplane ever made, and so I wouldn't put it past them to do so, particularly since we know the boss is a bit of a fan of the thing.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Personally, I would love to see a Boeing 707 - arguably the mother commercial jet aviation. Keeping with the Boeing thread, something like Boeing 314 Clipper. Both would prove to be interesting on long haul flights. 

Kevin 

• Upvote 2

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Tri-Star? VC-10?

has there ever been a good go at either of these? 

Justflight tri star looks awful. Vc10 is in development apparently......

Glenn

Although the JF L-1011 Tristar made for them by Aeroplane Heaven was fairly awful in its original form, very heavy on frames, caused OOMs and was too light on systems, when they released a (payware) upgrade for it which gave it a Honeywell HT9100 and a fully working engineer's panel, it turned out not too bad eventually, although to be honest, that upgrade should have been free in my opinion, because it would have compensated all those who struggled with the thing in its original release and who effectively paid to be beta testers of the thing. They are supposedly going to upgrade it again too, so it will be P3D V4 compatible, and then it will probably be worth having for sure.

Dunno about the VC-10, it looks fairly finished to me at least as far as the modeling goes from the screenshots I've seen and it is apparently now being beta tested. But, it is being developed by Aeroplane Heaven, and that's something which means it could be a hit or a miss. Aeroplane Heaven have made some good add-ons, notably their Boeing B17F Flying Fortress, which is truly excellent, but they've made some bad ones too, and recently they've been slow to sort out issues with released products, particularly their BAC 1-11 and C-46 Commando, both of which need stuff sorting out, and that, unfortunately, reflects badly on JF, whose own in-house developments are really excellent.

Either way that probably knocks things like the DC-8 (also going to be made P3D V4 compatible) and the L-1011 and VC-10 off the list of prospects as they probably aren't the kind of thing PMDG would do, although there's an outside chance at the DC-8, since they are still flying, you can get (partial) glass cockpit variants, and it wouldn't be the first DC PMDG had made either.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 hours ago, downscc said:

Wood Pigeon.

Dan,

I've got to believe the B737 Max and more specifically the Max 10 will be part of the rebuild of the B737 NGX.  It's a different airplane, I'm surprised it's not getting a new type rating. :smile:

Since the B767 is going to be in production for a while, it should be in line also.  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam