Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

6 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

Then get DCS World or something. 

I second that - DCS is the true combat sim and the aircraft in Prepar3D that are made for combat just aren’t the same... :D

45 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Do we? Lol...

Level D simulations are developing theirs. I’m not sure about how much of an improvement the visual model will receive over the 757 but I genuinely hope this is going to be great. (And let’s hope the 767 will also be updated visually)

36 minutes ago, VHOEI said:

Level D simulations are developing theirs. I’m not sure about how much of an improvement the visual model will receive over the 757 but I genuinely hope this is going to be great. (And let’s hope the 767 will also be updated visually)

Well I hope so too... but afaik the last update has been in june (?) and then it didn‘t look much different from the old 767... but honestly from lvl d I would expect PMDG quality as it once has been... so, until I don‘t see any new updates I believe in a 757 as much as in an A380 from Mr Davies.  ^^ (sry for slagging :anonymose:)

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

Well I hope so too... but afaik the last update has been in june (?) and then it didn‘t look much different from the old 767... but honestly from lvl d I would expect PMDG quality as it once has been... so, until I don‘t see any new updates I believe in a 757 as much as in an A380 from Mr Davies.  ^^ (sry for slagging :anonymose:)

I know that Level D make aircraft worthy of their name and to an equal standard of PMDG quality.  But if what you and I have seen in regards to visuals, I won't get it... 2017 isn't the same 2003... :blink:

I beg to differ on the 737MAX doesn t have enough data... multiple airlines have it flying revenue (southwest, lion air, Norwegian, and westjet) and many more to come (American, air Canada, etc.) The 737NGX  sold like hotcakes at IHOP. Huge hit for the pmdg market. I would say they should go for the 737MAX after the 747-8i. The 78 is fine by qualitywings. 76s are nearing to retirement, the 75s are going, Airbus screw eurotrash, I mean I say let pmdg tackle the 747-8i, the 737MAX, and the 777x and see what else they come up with in the process 

Honestly a 767 would be fantastic, especially all of the -200/-300/-400 series. I wouldn't be surprised if PMDG announced it...Loving their brown cockpits. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CaptainGabe said:

Honestly a 767 would be fantastic

+1000.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, CaptainGabe said:

Honestly a 767 would be fantastic, especially all of the -200/-300/-400 series. I wouldn't be surprised if PMDG announced it...Loving their brown cockpits. 

12 hours ago, Boomer said:

+1000.

Don't forget about that 757 gents... Beautiful bird...

It is obligatory to produce a 757 if a 767 is made and vice versa.  Otherwise, the Boeing Gods will not look favourably upon us! :laugh:

14 hours ago, Alex Kulak said:

I beg to differ on the 737MAX doesn t have enough data... multiple airlines have it flying revenue (southwest, lion air, Norwegian, and westjet) and many more to come (American, air Canada, etc.) The 737NGX  sold like hotcakes at IHOP. Huge hit for the pmdg market.

I believe that PMDG goes to specific airlines (or at least has a preference) to get their performance data and spends copious amounts of time in simulators to get data for their aircraft, which is supplemented by documentation that PMDG obtains from Boeing. (At almost certainly tremendous cost.)

I doubt that Boeing would currently be in a state to release this performance data to the public.  The airlines that PMDG have/will (if they are planning on making a MAX) approach(ed) may not have the aircraft or may not be willing to let a few guys walk around their aircraft and record a whole lot of things and may not have the simulators or may be in the process of training crews continuously for the new addition to their fleets. (These things run 24/7 - I went to a LevelD 744 sim at 11PM until 2AM because all other time slots were taken by crews!)

While I am almost certain that PMDG will make a 737MAX, I don't think it is just going to come out in the next few weeks and I doubt that any real development would have begun due to the reasons that I outlined above. I am almost certain that PMDG knows very well that there is a big interest in the 737MAX from us consumers and that this would be a massive cash cow...

On 10/16/2017 at 10:00 PM, VHOEI said:

I believe that PMDG goes to specific airlines (or at least has a preference) to get their performance data and spends copious amounts of time in simulators to get data for their aircraft, which is supplemented by documentation that PMDG obtains from Boeing. (At almost certainly tremendous cost.)

I doubt that Boeing would currently be in a state to release this performance data to the public.  The airlines that PMDG have/will (if they are planning on making a MAX) approach(ed) may not have the aircraft or may not be willing to let a few guys walk around their aircraft and record a whole lot of things and may not have the simulators or may be in the process of training crews continuously for the new addition to their fleets. (These things run 24/7 - I went to a LevelD 744 sim at 11PM until 2AM because all other time slots were taken by crews!)

While I am almost certain that PMDG will make a 737MAX, I don't think it is just going to come out in the next few weeks and I doubt that any real development would have begun due to the reasons that I outlined above. I am almost certain that PMDG knows very well that there is a big interest in the 737MAX from us consumers and that this would be a massive cash cow...

I have heard there are Zero 737MAX simulators by CAE  for any airline...so stating that fact, I'm wondering if PMDG gets info off of those simulator which would make sense. Starting a clear model for the plane can be started otherwise, and everything else will come along in time. I don't expect a MAX from PMDG  in the next year, but I do expect to here a plan for it by Q2  of 2018 

• Upvote 1

On 10/16/2017 at 10:26 AM, CaptainGabe said:

Honestly a 767 would be fantastic, especially all of the -200/-300/-400 series...

Would be a dream come true!  I love the 764 (I know only a few operators, but it's my favorite bird and is close to the 777).

Would equally love if they did the ERJ-175 series...

My only hope is they stick to aircraft in the last 2 decades...historicals are fun, but just not what I typically sim.

On 21/09/2017 at 9:27 AM, ErichB said:

I cannot believe that the Jetstream would have sold more units than the MD-11 during the FSX era.  How is that even possible?  It's such a random aircraft.  Yet the J-41 has made it back into P3DV4.......who even flies those anymore?  (no-one needs to data mine the answer)

I still think that it's not inconceivable that we'll see the MD-11 again.

It is without doubt. . . One if the most rewarding planes to fly in fsx.

On 22/09/2017 at 7:53 PM, Chock said:

I reckon PMDG might do a helicopter, only because then it would stop people moaning about the wingflex not being realistic. :biggrin:

You joke . . . But a PMDG level helicopter has been missing for years. Not a bad idea! 

On 9/22/2017 at 7:53 PM, Chock said:

I reckon PMDG might do a helicopter, only because then it would stop people moaning about the wingflex not being realistic. :biggrin:

Rotor blade flex is a thing too.:laugh:

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Craig Tomkins said:

You joke . . . But a PMDG level helicopter has been missing for years. Not a bad idea! 

Ew...helicopters are sorcery...

• Upvote 7

Kyle Rodgers