Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Ew...helicopters are sorcery...

Aye, like the bumblebea and the F4 Phantom  (aka the flying brick), they are not meant to fly...

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

Aye, like the bumblebea and the F4 Phantom  (aka the flying brick), they are not meant to fly...

Ah well sorta, the F4 proved you could make a barn door fly with enough power.  Helicopters don't fly, they beat the air into submission.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Lol that mate Me smile!

10 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

After what has been a pretty depressing few days for me personally (house problems and potential loss of my job) I have to say that at least managed to turn my lips into a brief smile - thank you!

Can we assume this means there will be no PMDG Helo anytime soon then? ;)

On 26/10/2017 at 0:49 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Just in case you decide to dabble in magic . . . The AW189!

I know I'm late on this topic but I have a lot to say. :)

While I was a really big fan of FSX and P3Dv4 or FS2002/2004 when I was younger I recently fell in love with XP11.

Everything is just amazing. From the feels to the looks it's awesome. So now I'm talking to PMDG.

I really wish we will get a brand new Boeing 737NG Series. Including:

- right VC proportions with a HUGS option

- Options between new and old lights (including exterior differences e.g. Anti-Collision and retractable landing -lights new/old type like in the freeware TDS versions)

- No Winglets/ Winglets and Split Scimitar

- SFP and a bunch more features.

I know this might sound rude in some way to demand things but please let me dream at least :)

The 737 are just awesome airplanes and don't you think it's time for PMDG to make a brand new version too?

Have a great day and many happy landings.

René

On 26/10/2017 at 10:49 PM, scandinavian13 said:

On 27/10/2017 at 3:12 AM, downscc said:

Helicopters don't fly, they beat the air into submission.

Helicopters are magical machines.  Do not disrespect whirly birds - they are equally enjoyable to fly frantically wrestle (with the smallest cyclic inputs imaginable) into the air. (Provided you don't lose the rotor blades...) I have the Huey and Gazelle in DCS and they are just as fun as the MiG21, A10C, Viggen, any other good DCS module or any glorious PMDG bird.  :D

Once you spend a month or two of failing, (mast bumping, VRS, PIO, more PIO, stupidity and more PIO) you just get the hang of it (presumably through the sorcery that Kyle mentioned) and can do a lot in a helicopter that you cannot do in a fixed wing bird.  Going from being on the ground to a smooth hover in ground effect is one of the most satisfying things that I have ever accomplished.

Still hoping PMDG would consider a C-17...yes it is military, but it is a Boeing and given foreign sales, it is not a tech transfer issue...and given how often the plane is used in humanitarian missions, you could argue it has been used more to deliver salvation and it is not a direct weapons platform... 

Scott Robinson

Scott Robinson

On 26/10/2017 at 10:24 AM, Boomer said:

I bet Capt. John Young would disagree...

Santiago de Larminat

220px-Boeing_767_over_Mount_Rainier,_cir

*runs away and hides*

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

12 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

220px-Boeing_767_over_Mount_Rainier,_cir

*runs away and hides*

We continue flying our 747’s, 777’s and 737’s in hope...

:D

I suggest updated DC--10 / MD- 11

And B777 x !

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:50 AM, VHOEI said:

Once you spend a month or two of failing, (mast bumping, VRS, PIO, more PIO, stupidity and more PIO) you just get the hang of it (presumably through the sorcery that Kyle mentioned) and can do a lot in a helicopter that you cannot do in a fixed wing bird.  Going from being on the ground to a smooth hover in ground effect is one of the most satisfying things that I have ever accomplished.

Had a blast on a police ride along back in 2009, honestly. Still...not for me. I appreciate their functionality on somewhat of a personal level (I pulled a kid out of a pool back in high school as a lifeguard, and he only survived because they'd airlifted him to a local hospital; I got to see first hand how law enforcement uses them, too), but they still kinda freak me out. I like my wings fixed, thank you.

Kyle Rodgers

I suggest DC10 / MD-11, Boeing's 777 and 737 upgrades.

777 X and 737 Max

Regards Jens

• Upvote 1

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

I would LOVE a -200/ER. Iconic, popular and fun. If not, a 767 :)

• Upvote 1