Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

As QW starts to get something like a CPDLC simulated into their 787, I think PMDG will be able to do the same.
But we know PMDG: They wait for something like this, until they have a fully statisfying solution. Maybe its time now :) 

And I can't believe that Randazzo will kick-off the -8 without a moving map feature or a EFB what makes the -8 mostly different for pilots.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

10 minutes ago, LH747fan said:

And I can't believe that Randazzo will kick-off the -8 without a moving map feature or a EFB what makes the -8 mostly different for pilots.

Oh, no.

This would be very disappointing if so.  That equals a no-purchase for me.  Cause otherwise its just an up-engined 744.

spacer.png

I challenge anyone to get any use out of an EFB inside of a simulator, without something like an Oculus...

...or to just keep one up to date. My ForeFlight sub is something like $75, I think...and that's only for the States.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I challenge anyone to get any use out of an EFB inside of a simulator, without something like an Oculus...

...or to just keep one up to date. My ForeFlight sub is something like $75, I think...and that's only for the States.

I second that. Aren't Jeppessen charts for the US something like $600 a year alone? 

19 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Make the EFP a simple PDF importer, I can provide my own content, would help suspend my disbelief.

spacer.png

Myself, other than an update/redux of the very awesome MD-11. I would like to see PMDG do a Boeing 767. It is one of my favorites. I have the one from BrandX, but it's a bit quirky sometimes. Considered buying the Level-D, but I am spoiled rotten by PMDG and BrandX(all those 3D knobs and switches...)...and NO freighter model...767 PLEASE!!!

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Oh, no.

This would be very disappointing if so.  That equals a no-purchase for me.  Cause otherwise its just an up-engined 744.

That's like saying the 777 is no good without an EFB. The 747-8 has 777 avionics, so you will get things like electronic checklists. I'm very much looking forward to the 747-8 release.

An EFB that just displays charts isn't much use in a desktop sim. The Capt Sim 777 has such an EFB. It is hard work to populate (and keep up to date) and more or less useless in practice as the charts are too small to read. The really useful things in an EFB need performance data. PMDG will only ever use real data so that's unlikely to happen. QW appear to be offering something that looks like the real thing in their 787.

• Upvote 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

It disappoints me that the PMDG 772 doesnt model the EFB as well.  Also I have the CS 772 and I like the EFB very much as I can easily find pdf charts to use in it.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Boomer said:

It disappoints me that the PMDG 772 doesnt model the EFB as well.  Also I have the CS 772 and I like the EFB very much as I can easily find pdf charts to use in it.

Why not just print the charts like real world pilots do when their aircraft doesn't have an EFB? Or use a tablet? 

Surely it is MORE realistic to have your plane in your background vision while looking at the charts on another monitor, laptop, or tablet.  And a heck of a lot less fiddly?

I seriously cannot see the benefit of an EFB WITHIN the simulator.

19 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Why not just print the charts like real world pilots do when their aircraft doesn't have an EFB? Or use a tablet? 

I already do that.

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

Yes you can and you know it.:tongue:

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, VHOJT said:

Surely it is MORE realistic to have your plane in your background vision while looking at the charts on another monitor, laptop, or tablet.  And a heck of a lot less fiddly?

Although I do agree the need for, and the practical possibility of, creating a completely functional EFB in a VC is difficult, and so using a tablet is probably more practical for viewing charts, the EFB which is in the Flight Factors Airbus A350 is a good example of what can be done to give such a display in a VC some worthwhile utility by having it capable of displaying a very well indexed SOP manual for the A350.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

32 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Well I guess we all have different priorities. I found the CS777 EFB a PITA to use, but credit to them for trying. If I had a tablet I'd use that for charts. Instead I use Aivlasoft's EFB which is brilliant as it synthesises charts to match your navdata so it's always correct to the sim.

• Upvote 2

ki9cAAb.jpg