Sign in to follow this  
itay5344

What will be the next airplane from PMDG ?

15 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Dunno, I'm not impressed by the manual.

Any reason why Chris?  I've not looked at it in detail yet, but it does look extensive

35 minutes ago, kevinh said:

36 minutes ago, kevinh said:

Also saying the Airbus is ugly is highly subjective, even in this "Boeing friendly" zone. I happen to think the 737 is uglier than any Airbus. But that's only my opinion, I'm not stating it as fact. It hasn't stopped me being a customer for the PMDG 737 three times over, excluding expansions.

It wasn't a 'shots fired' comment.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It wasn't a 'shots fired' comment.

Didn't think it was. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Since PMDG have made a BAe before, how about a BAe 146, it has four engines :biggrin:

Stian Beinset

ENML

Guys, please...

Could we please take a step away from all this "this is subjective" - "not it isnt"  - "yes it is"? The MD-11 thread was locked by Kyle due to exactly this behaviour and I love to read (and participate to) discussion threads like this one..

PLEASE don't get personal, nobody is perfect expressing his opinion and many people here are not natively english speaking... It would be a pity if this thread would go the same way... 

thank you :)

You're correct of course, brother, talking about an MD11 for P3Dv4 is much better than having one... :-P

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

On 20.9.2017 at 3:54 PM, Gregg_Seipp said:

Isn't that the truth!  I bought so many and now I've nearly stopped.  We have the luxury of flying so many models and the end result is you can fly many in an okay fashion and not many well.  For myself, I've been flying the same three for quite some time and even that's a challenge.  NGX, Turbine Duke, (rarely) Flight1 Mustang.  Every so often I switch one out and proceed on.  Rarely do the new models approach the quality of the NGX and Turbine Duke and, if I was flying in the real world with just those I'd be over the moon happy.  I really like just focusing on airplanes, getting as good as I can on them and feeling like I'm reasonably competent in various situations.

You read my mind, Gregg! That's exactly why I began to restrain myself. Therefore the PMDG MD-11 and the Leonardo Maddog will be the only planes I will fly in the jetliner segment, even though they're comparatively old. I simply don't have the time or will to fly all these other fine jetliners out there. Less is more. Or KISS.

Btw, Leonardo SH will publish their FlythemaddogX before 2018, they say, which is enough for me.

Best regards,

Christian Kelter

On 19.9.2017 at 8:56 PM, scandinavian13 said:

I challenge anyone to get any use out of an EFB inside of a simulator, without something like an Oculus...

...or to just keep one up to date. My ForeFlight sub is something like $75, I think...and that's only for the States.

pro EFB:

- Weather requests
- Charts integration (Navigraph/Aerosoft)
- Takeoff/Landing calculation
- PMDG settings
- something to play with during flight

Its nothing to hold you on of flying around the world, but as in real, it makes flying around the world smarter and easier.

Regards, Timm
ng6sypel.png
V1 Simulations | SimAware

On 9/19/2017 at 2:56 PM, scandinavian13 said:

I challenge anyone to get any use out of an EFB inside of a simulator, without something like an Oculus...

...or to just keep one up to date. My ForeFlight sub is something like $75, I think...and that's only for the States.

The new Navigraph Charts is the most similar to what we use in the airlines (Jepp FD Pro). If you have an iPad you're pretty much set. FYI if you have a CFI license you can get a full subscription to WingX Pro for free. 

Yes, the newer Navigraph Jepp charts and moving map is quite useful for myself.  I have it up on a laptop next to me while flying and can overlay my position onto the charts.  

9 hours ago, Nightflier101BL said:

Yes, the newer Navigraph Jepp charts and moving map is quite useful for myself.  I have it up on a laptop next to me while flying and can overlay my position onto the charts.  

hmm, I like the "old" Charts desktop app more. It uses LIDO charts that I find a lot easier to read than the Jeppesen charts.. And as far as I know you can't switch to LIDO in the new app, can you?

11 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

The new Navigraph Charts is the most similar to what we use in the airlines (Jepp FD Pro). If you have an iPad you're pretty much set. FYI if you have a CFI license you can get a full subscription to WingX Pro for free. 

How often are they updated? On the AIRAC, or no? Last I knew, they were only updated a few times a year.

No CFI for me. Not sure I'd get it, honestly. Didn't even do commsingle.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

How often are they updated? On the AIRAC, or no? Last I knew, they were only updated a few times a year.

No CFI for me. Not sure I'd get it, honestly. Didn't even do commsingle.

Direct quote from the Navigraph site:

"We issue updates to the Jeppesen airport charts and our dynamic enroute charts every 28 days to stay in sync with our FMS Data which is sourced from Jeppesen navdata."

12 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

The new Navigraph Charts is the most similar to what we use in the airlines (Jepp FD Pro). If you have an iPad you're pretty much set. 

Good to hear as I Am good to go and love the new Navigraph Charts on my iPad.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip