Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Little Navmap 1.6.3 - X-Plane support

Hi All,

the little program now supports X-Plane 11. A X-Plane plugin is included in the download (Little Xpconnect - 64 bit only) that is needed to use Little Navmap as a moving map.

The programs are free and open source.

Announcement on my page with all links.

Direct download link Windows

Direct download link macOS

Direct download link Linux

• Can read full X-Plane scenery database: Airports, aprons, taxiways, navaids, airways, procedures (including speed limits). Also add-on overrides and path exclusions in the options dialog.
  • Supports navdata updates.
  • Display of AI aircraft on map and in information window.
  • Weather from X-Plane downloaded weather file `METAR.rwx` (station or nearest station).
  • Copy airspaces from FSX or P3D to X-Plane database.
  • FMS and FLP flight plan file loading and saving.
  • Moving map. Needs the Little XpConnect X-Plane plugin which is included in the download archive.
  • Altitude and one-way restrictions for airways are considered when calculating flight plans.
  • Supported platforms are Windows, macOS and Linux for all programs.

I tested the Linux version on the latest Ubuntu 17.04 (primary development platform) and Ubuntu LTS. The macOS version was compiled on Sierra but should also work on older macOS versions.

Alex

• Upvote 8

Many thanks! Do i have to copy "little xpconnect" to the XP plugin folder?

3 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Many thanks! Do i have to copy "little xpconnect" to the XP plugin folder?

What about reading the "readme.txt" provided with the archive?

" ...
Copy the whole plugin directory "Little Xpconnect" into the directory "plugins"
in the directory "Resources" in the X-Plane installation. The complete path
should look like:
.../X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Little Xpconnect

You can check the X-Plane plugin manager to see if it is loaded  correctly. ..."

Wow, very nice Alex, thanks for sharing.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Wow this is awesome news.  One question on a great feature from the P3D version where only add-on airports can be displayed.  Is it possible to only show 3D X-Plane airports buy somehow excluding the 2D variety?  I have been going bonkers trying to figure out a way to flight plan just to 3D airports and do it in a sort of random way (like by flight distance, direction, etc.).

29 minutes ago, gregda said:

Is it possible to only show 3D X-Plane airports buy somehow excluding the 2D variety?

I'd really like to do that but the "apt.dat" text files I'm reading do not contain any indication if the airport is 3D or not. The other file formats (DSF) are fortunately all documented. Maybe I can find a way to get this information.

Alex

Wonderful Contribution!

Thank you.

As a new Plane user this looks like what I've been searching for. Quick question. If I'm flying on my only screen, can I access this program on the same screen while still flying? Does it require a second screen?

On 18.9.2017 at 4:31 PM, gregda said:

Wow this is awesome news.  One question on a great feature from the P3D version where only add-on airports can be displayed.  Is it possible to only show 3D X-Plane airports buy somehow excluding the 2D variety?  I have been going bonkers trying to figure out a way to flight plan just to 3D airports and do it in a sort of random way (like by flight distance, direction, etc.).

You could also try this package, which adds "auto-generated" 3D to most 2D airports. You need to keep it under any custom and the global airports entry in the scenery ini, but there are instructions included in how to use it.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/27582-prefab-scenery-for-25000-airports-with-exclusions/

15 hours ago, BlueGhost said:

As a new Plane user this looks like what I've been searching for. Quick question. If I'm flying on my only screen, can I access this program on the same screen while still flying? Does it require a second screen?

It does not need a second screen but I cannot put the window in front of X-Plane while flying.

So you have to alt-tab to see the window (not sure if you need to run X-Plane in windowed mode for this). I'm using an old second monitor to run the program. You can also dig out an old notebook and use the networked configuration for a second display.

Alex

Thank you. I'm using an iMac 27, OS 11, and don't have a problem running in windowed mode. I think the two windows could run simultaneously and I could run them together real time...I think. I have a lot to learn, but the flight planning/moving map mean a lot to me! And free means a lot to my wife since I'm now retired and have to pay for a new roof (courtesy of hurricane Irma.)

How do I put the flight plan file into XP11?

Is it a manual copy and paste into the correct directory? 

Where do I get the Navmap XP flight plan file from?

Thank you! Can't wait to start using this.

Sorry to hear about the roof, BlueGhost.

After creating a flight plan (see the tutorials in the manual) use: Main menu -> "File" -> "Save Flight Plan as X-Plane FMS".

The program normally finds the right folder. If not use "...../X-Plane 11/Output/FMS plans". Once saved you can load it into the X-Plane GPS or FMS.

Alex

• Upvote 1