Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Little Navmap 1.6.3 - X-Plane support

On 18.9.2017 at 5:08 PM, albar965 said:

I'd really like to do that but the "apt.dat" text files I'm reading do not contain any indication if the airport is 3D or not. The other file formats (DSF) are fortunately all documented. Maybe I can find a way to get this information.

Alex

Laminar is usually quite responsive in that regard. Just write Ben an email and you would be suprised how often you get an answer :)

10 hours ago, alpha12125 said:

Laminar is usually quite responsive in that regard. Just write Ben an email and you would be suprised how often you get an answer :)

Thanks. Good to know. I found some more documentation on the scenery format. I'll drop him a line if I can't find anything.

Alex

13 hours ago, albar965 said:

BTW:

I released an update that fixes several crashes when reading X-Plane scenery.

See here.

The program should give you a notification on startup.

Alex

Thanks , that fixed the crash I was getting on my APT file(s) 

Thanks for the feedback, Glenn.

I concentrated so much on testing buggy sceneries that I overlooked some misbehavior of the program if the sceneries have *no* errors: A dialog is shown that that says "Found 0 errors in 1 scenery entries when loading the scenery database". You can ignore the 0 errors safely. The error log is also empty if there are 0 errors.

Alex

• Upvote 1

Hi I have just loaded LittleNavMap for X Plane 11 but I cannot load any scenery data for the maps from X Plane when trying to do so I just get the following message.

Cannot read 'C:\X-Plane11\Global scenery\X-Plane11 Global scenery\Earth nav data. Reason: Resources\default data not found. i expect its because I am trying to load the wrong item but I do not know what is correct. I have looked at the help page and a number of videos but its always appears to just work. I have both X-Plane 11 and LittleNavMap loaded on the C drive (Not in Programs). Could you point me to the correct directory.

Thanks