Sign in to follow this  
Daveyfly

Has a fix been sorted after loading 737 NGX

Has a fix been sorted for the PMDG 737-800/900 for the crash after loading the aircraft into P3D v3, I have been advised that its absolutely nothing to do with scenery add ons ( the programme still crashes on loading a default airport) this is all because of a window update I believe,, but noticed posts on the forum about things other than the crash problem,, have I missed an update or fix to the problem?

David Ward

win 10, PMDG737-800/900, P3Dv3, using UK2000 scenery..EGKK,EGLL,EGCC , EGJJ etc

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Daveyfly said:

have I missed an update or fix to the problem?

I don't think we've determined it is anything specific to our code yet. There's definitely some interplay, but so far it seems that their update may have had some bad code in it. Many users are reporting success after removing the latest update.

Kyle Rodgers

The fix is to remove the windows update.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

ok thanks, that's what I have done (un-install latest win 10 update ) it works fine there then on, but the headache you get when two or so days later you find windows is AGAIN downloading the problematic KB4038788 and cant stop it, only then again having to un install it argh Microsoft what have you done..

PrePar3D has replied to me saying they looking into it as well so fingers crossed to see if they find anything

lets just all hope all will be ok, but what I'm worried about if Microsoft yet again sends out another update on top of this one and that to is playing up, will we only be able to uninstall that one only to find we then get 'rolled' back to the offending one 

2 minutes ago, Daveyfly said:

PrePar3D

This is kinda inconsequential, but I see this a lot, and I hear odd pronunciations, and I think they both fuel each other, so...

The program is called/pronounced "prepared." There's nothing truly special about the name, or oddity to writing/pronouncing it. They just got a little clever with the last bit and added a 3D, instead of an 'ed', so you get Prepar3D.

5 minutes ago, Daveyfly said:

lets just all hope all will be ok, but what I'm worried about if Microsoft yet again sends out another update on top of this, will we only be able to uninstall that one only to find we then get 'rolled' back to the offending one 

Yeah, I'm hoping this is the case.

Kyle Rodgers

does everyone have to roll back the windows update each time you turn on their PC so as to run the flight sim, or is there a work round so as not to spend unnecessary time rolling back/uninstalling windows update each time?

22 hours ago, Daveyfly said:

Has a fix been sorted for the PMDG 737-800/900 for the crash after loading the aircraft into P3D v3, I have been advised that its absolutely nothing to do with scenery add ons ( the programme still crashes on loading a default airport) this is all because of a window update I believe,, but noticed posts on the forum about things other than the crash problem,, have I missed an update or fix to the problem?

David Ward

win 10, PMDG737-800/900, P3Dv3, using UK2000 scenery..EGKK,EGLL,EGCC , EGJJ etc

DITTO

Dave Taylor gb.png

Gents,

I must caution against simply pinning blame from the outset. If you take a cursory look around the community, you can see LM has released some information, FS2Crew has released some information, and we've made note of the issue as well. All of us are seeing this issue, so to simply say "hey, has PMDG fixed this?" is to place the blame in the wrong area. If multiple devs are seeing the issue, then it's more than likely a Microsoft issue, and not simply a bad block of code that PMDG wrote that simply got exposed by this update from MS. All of the devs could likely figure out some way to code around the MS error, but if we're all seeing the issue, then it's better that they simply fix the error, instead of everyone trying to find workarounds. If that's what it came to, then I'm sure we'd all do it, but let's first see if MS corrects the mistake before trying to chase down a ghost in thousands of lines of our collective code products.

I get that this is frustrating, but please be conscious of where you're assigning the blame, and where you're directing that frustration.

Kyle Rodgers

To be honest I have no clue to what or who LM is ,,, as to the quote you sent back I find that rather offensive,, if you read CAREFULLY or read it twice before you come in head strong, what I simply said that because I (haven't seen) any more quotes about the MS update crash and guys now just reporting other problems, then I took it that there been a fix to the problem here at PMDG, as I certainly had no fix to the problem because I couldn't even open and run the programme,,  I don't know if this happens anywhere else in the world, but here in the U.K., we value our customers, and I think you should to, because without us paying the money, you would not be at the situation as you are now, I have truely supported PMDG mainly 737 well back on first release, so I would kindly ask you to read your posts in more detail rather than jump in as I have many times seen you do on other members posts ,,,,,,   

9 hours ago, Daveyfly said:

To be honest I have no clue to what or who LM is ,,, as to the quote you sent back I find that rather offensive,, if you read CAREFULLY or read it twice before you come in head strong, what I simply said that because I (haven't seen) any more quotes about the MS update crash and guys now just reporting other problems, then I took it that there been a fix to the problem here at PMDG, as I certainly had no fix to the problem because I couldn't even open and run the programme,,  I don't know if this happens anywhere else in the world, but here in the U.K., we value our customers, and I think you should to, because without us paying the money, you would not be at the situation as you are now, I have truely supported PMDG mainly 737 well back on first release, so I would kindly ask you to read your posts in more detail rather than jump in as I have many times seen you do on other members posts ,,,,,,   

I'm not quite sure where you're seeing that I was coming in head strong. I simply corrected a spelling and provided a little background information on a common error in the community. I also noted that, while frustrating, the fix to this issue isn't going to be found here. LM (Lockheed Martin, the owners of P3D), other devs, and we at PMDG have all noticed that the issue had to do with a Microsoft update. It isn't just PMDG saying "it isn't us." Quite a sizable bit of the community recognizes that the actual issue is in the hands of Microsoft.

Kyle Rodgers

12 hours ago, Daveyfly said:

think  that  ms  has  actually  fixed  the  issue  with   the update  issue  as being  reported  in other  threads 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg