Sign in to follow this  
jc2231

PMDG 737-800 Paint Kit Help

Hello,

I'm painting a livery that has multiple long curving stripes that start at the nose of the aircraft and extend to the APU exhaust.  That's easy enough to paint however I'm having difficulty lining up the stripes from the end of the fuselage 1 boundary to the beginning of the fuselage 2 boundary and the again between the fuselage 2 and 3 boundaries.  Can anyone provide any techniques to ensure everything lines up appropriately?  How do I paint around the boundary gaps?

Thanks,

James

Yeah...that might just work.  In essence I just want to copy each part and fuse them together on a blank canvas, paint, and then transfer the parts back to the paint-kit?  I tired a fuse on the paint-kit but when I tried to copy sections of the fuselage I received an error saying something like, "cannot copy selected area empty."  Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

James

When making a copy from the paintkit you must be sure to copy the layer wich actually holds the texture you want to copy.
You probably tried to copy an empty layer.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

I am also working with the PMDG 800 paintkit and can't get the lines to align.  I am trying to complete my CP Air repaint, but am having trouble with the red stripe/band that goes around the entire fuselage.  I am basically very close to just giving up on it.  It is just wasting too much of my time to fix that one issue :(

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Actually I will look at that again, thanks.  I have also looked at another paint by someone who did an older pmdg 737-6/7/8/9, and the red stripe he created for his CP Air paint, made no logical sense of how/why it worked.  I can only assume it comes down to trial and error, I guess. :(  Or I am missing something on the pmdg paintkit :blink:  It's that darn stripe :biggrin:

Bruce

Bruce Wood

What i do is just copy fuse 1.2,3 put them all together on a new layer together line them up and make the livery , then just copy over my paint bits to the original texture

11 hours ago, gnt586 said:

What i do is just copy fuse 1.2,3 put them all together on a new layer together line them up and make the livery , then just copy over my paint bits to the original texture

Thats exactly what is described in Painting FAQ  Question 22: A "Total-Fuse" how to make and how to use?  and has been mentioned on this thread already.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Nothing wrong with helping.
You just repeated something wich already had been mentioned.
Did you actually notice all answers given before?

But, repeating sometimes helps.Thanks.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Yes, but my problem was with lining up a line that goes on "top" of the plane, ie. CP Air.  The paint kit was not all that clear at lining that up, is all. :(

Bruce

Bruce Wood