Sign in to follow this  
trainut123

mesh

Toposim.net has excellent payware mesh.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Depending on the sim, the default mesh can be very good.  I find the mesh excellent in XP11 and fairly good in P3D.  World landmarks like the tepuis near angel falls are recognizable.  Other areas, like Monument Valley or Guiliin China less so.  Yet when I fly out of Capitol Reef NP I find the mesh quite good, having stayed there some decades back.  When installing mesh or any scenery, try to keep a log in case the sim mysteriously has a CTD.

Scenery is a major culprit sometimes in CTD's, and the addition of scenery say in Nevada can cause a crash in California.  So I always suggest installing scenery one area at a time, fly around for a week or so making sure the sim is still stable.  It can reduce head scratching episodes significantly.  Some of my own home spun scenery was responsible for CTD's when I installed them on a failing hard drive.  I knew I had a problem when family photographs started showing signs of corruption.  That was two computers ago, but I learned a lot during that phase of my hobby.  A sign of failing scenery can be a random rebuild of scenery indexes when you've made no change to your sim configuration.

John

....which part of the world are you after a mesh for?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

mark i remember there were about 7 seperate pc downloades you could download by torrent and were very good,

39 minutes ago, trainut123 said:

mark i remember there were about 7 seperate pc downloades you could download by torrent and were very good,

Usually the torrents are pirated payware however which is frowned upon in these forums, not to mention that many come bundled with malware and spyware.  No need for freeware scenery to be posted by torrent, it can be found on sites like Avsim.com and Flightsim.com.

John

mark that was my original question. they are on avsim or flightsim somewere I just cant find them and they are in torrent form they are not pirated but freeware