Sign in to follow this  
flytriman

Using "Instant Replay" appears to damage engines

Running FSX Acceleration in a Win 10 machine.  After landing I like to run "Instant Replay" of my landing to review how I did.  This is usually after I do a shut down of the engines.  During the replay I get the "Green Bar" notice that oil pressure is low and damaging all engines.  After the replay the status of the engines changed from light yellow to orange.  I assume that orange says the engines are worse than at yellow.  It therefore appears that running "Instant Replay" is causing damage to the engines.

Any ideas of how to fix?

Garry Lundberg

With all the custom coding of these radial engines, a replay after engine shut down will not work.. If you leave the engines running, you should be able to check your landings.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Tried as you suggested on last flight...after landing I first checked engine conditions...all green...then did "Instant Replay" of the landing ...it told me the engines were detonating and being damaged and when I rechecked the engines they were all orange...so another overhaul.

Garry Lundberg

Well then the only solution would be flying without the option of "realistic engine damage" if you do replays.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger