Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Aerosoft Dublin in P3D v4?

I found EIDW disappointing right from the outset. It had a horrible impact on performance. Being from Dublin I'd like to have it. I have found that Aerosoft addon's tend to be second rate. I'd love to see another developer do EIDW. I am pretty sure that if FSDT or FLY TAMPA or FB or UK2000 did it, it would be quite a bit better than the Aerosoft offering. Don't get me wrong the Aerosoft version looks great but I don't think they give a rats bottom about optimizing their addon's for performance. I would say the best possibility of getting EIDW would be FLY TAMPA or UK2000. The truth is if it had been popular and sold well in the first place Aerosoft would be updating it and perhaps improving it. But I suspect that it was a disappointment for them re sales in the first place. That doesn't bode well for a replacement!

11 hours ago, PaulG said:

Jason,

Mathijs post to me suggests he is referring only to MEGA Sceneries that they (Aerosoft) choose to release.

I don't read into that post that Dublin is

guaranteed is to be released.

"Please note that this might now happen for all Mega Airports"

ErichB,

The title of this topic is "Aerosoft Dublin"   So asking about "Aerosoft Male " is kind of High jacking the the original posters topic. 

BTW,how do you know that it has already been decided not to update it?

Paul.

At least 5 people have explained Dublin is not compatible and linked to statements by Aerosoft and someone saying they installed it and could not get ground textures to display, same problem Aerosoft Anchorage has.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Much appreciated. I had a bad experience with Aerosoft Heathrow a couple of years back, but it looks like I won't be buying Dublin from them anytime soon! Id love to see flytampa tackle it, but I don't think the market it there, sadly. 

(As for the hijack? Protip: if you start your own thread, you're more likely to get an answer to your question! ;)) 

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Aerosoft Dublin works very well in P3D v3.3.5 on my PC with the PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 9 Ireland East installed. The performance is excellent, and the photoscenery is miles better than the ORBx FTX Ireland scenery as far as realism is concerned. That beautiful scenic approach to runway 28 with accurate coastlines and ground features is worth its weight in gold!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Dublin Airport is currently undergoing a development for new runway to the north of the main terminals, parallel to existing runway 10/28. Maybe after it's completed we might see Aerosoft bring out a new version.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Does the Eiresim Dublin work in V4 ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

On 19/09/2017 at 9:58 AM, ErichB said:

Joe, it's not a hijacked post.  It's already been concluded that Dublin is not being updated.

It’s polite to start your own topic to get an answer.... The topic is related to Dublin.. this what grinds my gears reading through a topic and then someone asks a totally different question not related to the orginal topic... and it’s goes off course:dry:

hopefully we will get a Dublin soon :biggrin:

Joe Park

It make no sense to me. Dublin is one of the better sceneries by Aerosoft (my opinion). It would be stupid when it doesn't get an update.

Is there anything new in regard to that piece of addon? P3D v4 bring one big advantage - >64bit, but a lot of more disadvantages :-(

....which is why I am still using P3D v3, and visiting Aerosoft Dublin on a regular basis :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I did buy P3D v2, three or four months before v3 got released and haven't used it. I asked P3D to get nonetheless to refund and buy v3, the rejected. I never used v2. When I had v3, I probably would not buy v4, even 64bit is tempting. But I bought FSL-320 and that is perfect for P3D v4. Now, I am not sure to buy P3D v4 or not. A lot of my addons are not compatible. And I don't want to spend a lot of money for all updates. But I want to fly the A320. The only solution that I see is: Buying P3D v4, use addons that got a free update (too less) and concentrate on flying and learning the system of the FSL320 instead of wasting time with aesthetics. Especially, we don't know the future of P3D. Really don't want to invest in updates every third year.

No. I tried that one too.

The other Eiresim Irish airports (Cork, Shannon) are usable, but with some odd graphic anomalies (for example, the roof part of the tower at Shannon is floating in the air above the building). But Dublin is all wrong, particularly buildings or lack of them.

EGCC <-> EIDW was always my standard "test" run after making some upgrade or cockpit change. i have to do EGCC <-> EGLL now. Not so pretty without the full city scenery for London, which just brings performance down too much (jerkiness).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The main terminal at EireSim EICK Cork is just a hollow shell in P3D, with no interior detail, and no roof! We could probably do with a new version of this airport.....preferably by another developer. Of course, EINN Shannon is the "big one". Boy, do we need a super detailed version of that airport in P3D. My PlayHorizon VFR Photographic Scenery Volume 10 Republic of Ireland West is waiting for the day when it will be blessed with such an airport sitting on top of it :biggrin:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 hours ago, 737_800 said:

It make no sense to me. Dublin is one of the better sceneries by Aerosoft (my opinion). It would be stupid when it doesn't get an update.

Is there anything new in regard to that piece of addon? P3D v4 bring one big advantage - >64bit, but a lot of more disadvantages :-(

Someone asked in the Aerosoft forum yesterday.  Mathjias said its not planned but said they'll get there eventually.  But that sounds like it will be a rather lengthy wait.  Sucks.  You'd think the Euros on their forums would be pounding them on Dublin but there seems to be far more interest in other sceneries.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Did someone ask MK-Studios?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Would love someone other than Aerosoft to create a version of Dublin. The scenery was only OK and I find the support on their forums to be poor. Limesim obviously developed it outside the bounds of the SDK and that's why it's unusable in P3D v4.

I'd love if UK2000 Scenery did it

• Upvote 1