Sign in to follow this  
cgav96

Aircraft sinks to the ground at the tarmac

Hi, It started today afer an PMDG center update.

When I select the vehicle, any B737NGX, after all systems initiate the plane sinks to the ground and P3D V4 resets to default flight.

I tried other vehicles in the P3D V4 selection and this does not happen.

I suspect the altimeter because I get a message that says my altimeter is set incorrectly, but my attempts to reset the altimeter failed.

Thanks for any help

Carlos Alvarez

Those messages are probably the pilot tips option that you have turned on, they are not PMDG generated and you are correct in thinking it is not an altimeter problem.

Any airport?

What is your default aircraft in P3D?

Are you starting P3D at the Select Scenario screen as recommended in the PMDG Introduction?

Your NGX was working okay before the OC Update?  For about how long?

Dan Downs KCRP

I start P3d at the default plane and airport, then I select the PMDG NGX after all systems initialize is when it happens.

I tried different airports and same thing happens.

Other P3d aircraft do OK.

Carlos Alvarez

Yes, my NGX was working OK before the update.

The default aircraft is the F-22 Raptor fighter from P3d, I do not have anything default other than what P3D has.

Carlos Alvarez

I've experienced the same or a similar thing today in P3Dv4 HF1 and the latest PMDG update. Once the 20 seconds initialisation of the 738 has finished, there is a huge amount of fuel automatically injected into the tanks, much higher than the tank capacity. My 738 suddenly had a gross weight of almost 800 tons! It then sunk into the ground and bounced all the time. When I switched to a default plane, this one also had massive overweight.

In the FMC under FS Actions I then set the fuel level to 2/3 and all was good again.

In my case I loaded the scenario screen with a default plane and then selected the PMDG 738 (as recommended). After the initialisation I selected a different livery and only then the problem appeared. I repeated the process several times and it's the same with the 739. I'm not sure yet if it happens with the 777.

• Upvote 1

Yves Guillaume

P3Dv4

Author of "Flight Dynamics in Microsoft Flight Simulator - An Analysis of the Aircraft Specific Input Parameters of FS 2004 and FSX"

Thank you,

I loaded the PMDG 738 and as soon as it loaded I paused and changed the FMC to 30% fuel load. 

NO CRASH.

How can I change that so it loads correctly next livery and next time after that.

Carlos Alvarez

Hi,

What panel state do you use?

The fuel quantity is saved with the panel state.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Have a look at the intoduction manual for the information about the panel states and the startup panel states.

Best source to understand how the system works and how to configure them.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

That issue with the fuel tanks is really strange, i've never seen it before. The tanks are filled and filled and filled after every livery change. I used the default panel states (NGX short, NGX long), but it had no influence on the issue. I also deactivated fsuipc for the tests.

After start-up of P3D v4 everything is fine with the first livery of the NGX. I then set the fuel to "full" (100%) in the FMC fuel page (FS Actions -->Fuel). After that, I select a different livery within the same model type (winglets or no winglets). This does not trigger the warning about loading a default flight first.

Once the second livery has initialised, the NGX automatic fuel system gets out of control. The P3D fuel & payload reveals that the center tank was filled from 13 tons to 561 tons (43 x above capacity), tank 1 and 2 each increase from 3.9 to 50.4 tons.

3zV0nLc.png

The FMC fuel page also shows the correct new gross weight of 717 t and a fuel level of 2290%. But the displayed fuel amount in the three tanks is incorrect (they represent the target 100% fuell.). The plane starts dancing.

v2Ujp91.pngv2Ujp91.png

When I click "Set full" in the FMC fuel page, the physical tanks in P3D are correctly reset to 100% and the bouncing stops. But the FMC  shows incorrect values of only 300 kg in each tank.

Switching to other NGX liveries sometimes increased my gross weight even more without touching anything else. I stopped at 25'000 tons (330 x max. gross weight).:ohmy:

0PYjWSU.png

Yves

Yves Guillaume

P3Dv4

Author of "Flight Dynamics in Microsoft Flight Simulator - An Analysis of the Aircraft Specific Input Parameters of FS 2004 and FSX"

The Fuel and Payload interface for P3D is unusable for PMDG products.  You can only use the FS Actions Fuel screen to set fuel.

You cannot change livery after loading the PMDG product.  This is in effect loading another PMDG aircraft on top of the first one.  The Introduction document is very clear on these points.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes, I'm aware of these restrictions stated in the manual. That fuel overload effect is probablly such a side effect of loading "on top of each other" (I'd love to get a more technical explanation). But it has never appeared here until the micro update last week. So far, a livery change was in most cases unproblematic in all these years flying with the NGX.

I only ever use the FS Action Fuel Screen to change the fuel and payload in PMDG planes. However, the P3D mass and balance screen shows the true weight used by P3D/FSX and is the reference in case of deviations from the FMC.

Yves Guillaume

P3Dv4

I just installed my 737 after having to redo my comp due to a hdd failure. I have all the PMDG planes installed and the 737 is the only one to do this in P3D v4. And yes I have the current updates for everything. All other PMDG aircraft load with correct fuel settings, except the 736/7/8/9. For some reason they load up with 3000% fuel loaded. P3Dv3 and FSX don't have this little hiccup