Sign in to follow this  
eddywinch82

Justflight Photographic Scenery For FS2004 Query

Hi sascha,

Thankyou so much for your help, it's very much appreciated. I will alter my fs9.cfg File, accordingly tomorrow, with the settings information you have given me. And I will get back to you, to let you know, if there have been any improvements in my FS2004. Regards Eddie

I forgot: I is useful to create a batch routine for your config to make sure your modded config file gets used. FS2004 overwrites the config after each exit and reverts some settings back to default at the same time.

Hi sascha, I altered my fs9.cfg Settings, to the ones you kindly suggested I should use.

And there has been a significant improvement, in the quality of the Justflight Photographic Scenery, and NL2000V3se Scenery too in my FS2004. More detailed crisper textures, at the 1500 Feet optimum height, more consistent too.

It is still not perfect, I would like to get the quality shown, in the photographs on the back of the Justflight Photographic Scenery CD cases. I am going to look, at the FS2004 tips and tricks website, recommended on this thread by someone. But many many thanks once again for your help, very much appreciated. How do you create a batch routine, for the fs9.cfg File ? Eddie

I'll send you a sample bat later when I'm home.

This is the bat I run to start fs9 with my custom config:

@echo off 
copy  "C:\Games\Batch\Config\fs9.cfg" "C:\Users\Sascha R5eger\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9"
Echo Files copied!
pause 

Start ""  "C:\Games\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exe"

The first path in the second line "C:\Games\Batch\Config\fs9.cfg" is the location of my edited config, the second path "C:\Users\Sascha R5eger\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9" is the location of the fs9.cfg.

Creating a batch is easy, you can create one copying the above into notepad and save as myconfig.bat. You have to set the file type to "All files".

This and other methods explained here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001666.htm

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha,

I have created a myconfig.bat File, and it works many thanks, for your excellent instructions. I now run FS2004 with an Unlimited FPS, after going to that recommended Website I mentioned. And there has been more improvement, in the Justflight and NL2000V3se Photographic Scenery quality. I also ran FS2004, in 1280x1024x32 Screen resolution today. Great quality, but it hurt my eyes a bit, so I may go to a lower screen resolution. Regards Eddie

Good to hear! You should look at using Nvidia Inspector which allows you to configure your Nvidia graphics card with a GUI. This is especially useful for setting antialiasing levels and anisotropic filtering. Just check the web for Nvidia Inspector settings for FS9 for configuration tweaks.

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi sascha,

Could you look at these sections, from my fs9.CFG File ? I have made alterations, based on the help you have given me and this thread on here :- 

Could you have a look and let me know, if there is anything I should change from the following fs9.CFG sections ? I have not had much improvement, in the quality Justflight UK Photographic Scenery since making the new changes, i.e. the ones after your changes. I would appreciate it if you could.

Here are the Sections from my fs9.CFG. I have included the parts, that were changed some recommended by you :-

[GRAPHICS]

DETAIL_TEXTURE=2

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2097152 (i.e. 2 Gig (2048 MB x 1024) )

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=Unlimited
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=25600

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1
TERRAIN_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.00
TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000
TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=100.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=1200.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL_SCALE=2.0
TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=18
TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5
TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1
TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=14.5
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=15.5
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=12
TERRAIN_MAX_LOD=13

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.0]
Mode=1024x768x32
PanelAsTexture=0
TextureAGP=0         
TriLinear=1
MipBias=4
AntiAlias=0

Also from the terrain.cfg File. I changed :-

[General]
DefaultTextureCount=1261

DefaultTextureCount=238  was what it originally was.

Regards Eddie

You might try higher mip bias settings to begin with. Make them as high as you can before you get shimmering on objects.

Hi sascha,

I altered the MipBias to higher settings in FS2004, but shimmering on the objects was a problem.

The 4 setting seems the best so far, below 4, the textures are too blurry.

I did alter some settings, in my fs9.CFG again, based on some more info I found last night. On a thread here on Avsim.com

My Settings Are Now :-

[GRAPHICS]

DETAIL_TEXTURE=2

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2097152 (i.e. 2 Gig (2048 MB x 1024) )

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=Unlimited
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=400

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1
TERRAIN_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.00
TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000
TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=100.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=1200.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL_SCALE=2.0
TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=18
TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5
TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1
TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.9
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.9
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=8
TERRAIN_MAX_LOD=13

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.0]
Mode=1024x768x32
PanelAsTexture=0
TextureAGP=0         
TriLinear=1
MipBias=4
AntiAlias=0

Also from the terrain.cfg File. I changed :-

[General]

DefaultTextureCount=238  was what it originally was.

to :- DefaultTextureCount=1261

And there has been more improvement, in the Justflight England And Wales Photographic Scenery.

It could be better though I am sure of that, gonna keep perservering. Any more ideas of things, I could change ? Many thanks for all your help so far ))

Regards Eddie

Hi sascha,

I have tried other settings in my fs9.CFG File this evening. Again other recommended Settings found here on Avsim.com, but I am not getting the maximum quality possible, I don't think. No better than before, I am going to email Justflight tomorrow, and ask them what settings they recommend in the fs9.CFG File for FS2004, for using with the Software. I must be able to somehow, get the maximum  possible quality, given my new graphics card, and PC performance profile, i.e. Quad Core Processor etc.

Regards Eddie

I'll go over your file tomorrow, no problem!

Eddie can you PM me your complete config please?