Sign in to follow this  
Chock

TB-10 Tobago & TB-20 Trinidad now for P3D V4

On 9/25/2017 at 4:12 AM, Martyn JF said:

Over the weekend we identified an issue with SimConnect which caused some users to encounter CTDs in P3D v4 when switching from our aircraft to another aircraft, or when exiting P3D. 

The following products were updated yesterday to address the issue and the latest installers can be downloaded from your account:

Chipmunk
Chipmunk (Bubble Canopy)
DC8 10-40
DC8 50-70
DH104 Dove
F4U1 Corsair
F27 Friendship
Gulfhawk 
HS748
Hunter
Meteor
Mosquito FBVI
Tristar Professional
C-46 Commando
One Eleven
Arrow III
Arrow III + Turbo Arrow III/IV pack 
Turbo Arrow III/IV
TB10/TB20

The Hawk and Canberra will be updated shortly.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn,

I'm still getting a CTD when choosing a different TB20 livery. I using the latest TB installer & P3d v4.1.

Do I need to install a specific version of simconnect?

BTW, if you check your JF forums you will see that I brought this issue up when I was simming on FSX.

I feel like I paid full price for this addon to be a beta tester.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It seems the demo was not updated for P3Dv4? I wanted to try this out before a potential purchase.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Also could anyone advise if this supports RXP/F1 GNS530 as I don't have the GTN650/750? That was one of the reasons I wanted the demo. 

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

So I purchased this, for the benefit of others:
1) To my knowledge the demo does not work in P3Dv4.4 although the product does
2) There is no support for GNS430 or 530 in the virtual cockpit
3) There is no native support for the RealityXP GTN750, but you can force it once you have the models and panel cfg designed for the F1 GTNs. But the buttons won't work until you faff around with https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/526012-f1-to-rxp-gtn-gauge-ready/
4) The manual and panel switcher utilities never appeared in my start menu, you can find them at Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\TBSwitch.exe and Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\JustFlight\TB-10 Tobago and TB-20 Trinidad

I have reduced a lot of the textures down from 4096 to 2048 where I thought the quality reduction would be less noticeable. Not sure how much difference this has made to performance but I will upload if there is sufficient demand and JustFlight are cool with it.

The thing seems to roll left a lot, is this normal?

support1.jpg

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

The thing seems to roll left a lot, is this normal?

Try adjusting the rudder trim..

Bert

I worked that out quite soon after I posted, felt a bit embarrassed at quite a school boy error!

Also I now found the model/panel switcher in the start menu but could have sworn it wasn't there before!

Edited by ckyliu

support1.jpg

Have about 100 hours in one of these(TB20) IRL & what appears to be missing in the sim version is a Rudder Trim take off mark we used to set prior to taking the runway. It was an earlier model than the one simulated however something like that I doubt would have changed.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

On 12/24/2018 at 3:30 AM, Rossco said:

Have about 100 hours in one of these(TB20) IRL & what appears to be missing in the sim version is a Rudder Trim take off mark we used to set prior to taking the runway. It was an earlier model than the one simulated however something like that I doubt would have changed.

I guessed this was the issue with the TBs. Kept rolling to the left and then realized that the rudder trim was the only solution. So I have my Saitek Yoke and throttle stack etc. for flight functions and took my TH Hotas joystick and assigned the rudder trim to the throttle. I turned the throttle sideways so that the throttle would go left and right and voila I had a rudder trim....😉

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

3 hours ago, ShezA said:

I guessed this was the issue with the TBs. Kept rolling to the left and then realized that the rudder trim was the only solution. So I have my Saitek Yoke and throttle stack etc. for flight functions and took my TH Hotas joystick and assigned the rudder trim to the throttle. I turned the throttle sideways so that the throttle would go left and right and voila I had a rudder trim....😉

That was a good idea.

I have a PFC throttle console which fortunately has a rudder trim knob included. Comes in handy at times.

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit