Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

PMDG 737 and Simbrief B738 Airframe Settings?

Hey simmers,

I am using simbrief to create flight plans and what not.  So much to learn and play with the 737 and Simbrief.  There is an issue that I have and I can not figure it out.

I have chosen the airframe B738 -- 737-800 for the NGX and when I do create a flight plan, the passengers and cargo is set to auto.  But in the sim my plane only has 162 seats vs 180 that simbrief defaults to. So I always have to play with weights and just get it passable (again I am still reading the manuals and trying to figure things out...when it comes to complex planes, I am a big newbie)

How do I configure my airplane in sim to match settings of Simbrief or what should I change in Simbrief which matches the NGX in my sim?

Thanks

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

under dispatch->saved airframes you can make customized versions of the profiles that let you adjust the passenger capacity and various weights.

in the grand scheme of things though it probably isn't that necessary to do that stuff. as a shortcut generally instead of playing with weights you can just take the calculated zero fuel weight from simbrief, and plug it in on the FMC (just overwrite the number on the payload page) and it will sort out the cargo/passenger loading for you with a properly balanced load. i'm with you as far as liking to have the numbers match as much as possible though :)

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, spesimen said:

under dispatch->saved airframes you can make customized versions of the profiles that let you adjust the passenger capacity and various weights.

in the grand scheme of things though it probably isn't that necessary to do that stuff. as a shortcut generally instead of playing with weights you can just take the calculated zero fuel weight from simbrief, and plug it in on the FMC (just overwrite the number on the payload page) and it will sort out the cargo/passenger loading for you with a properly balanced load. i'm with you as far as liking to have the numbers match as much as possible though :)

cheers,-andy crosby

Thank You, and you are right about entering ZFW in the fmc as it just takes care of it all.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)