Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Quality work from Philipp.

Looks like Philipp Munzel really cares about details. He's doing a nice job with X-Plane systems: GPS, G1000, and now gyros.

http://developer.x-plane.com/?article=modelling-remote-hsis-and-slaved-gyros-in-x-plane-11-10

I have never seen this attention to quality and details in other areas of X-Plane. Maybe Philipp should begin studying flight dynamics so that LR could put him in charge of flight models and ground physics. :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Philip Munzel is doing great work for LR - a real asset. I am looking forward to the improvements in 11.10, especially the G1000.

I was hoping to read something encouraging about the corporate twin-jet that was to supposed be included XP11.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Jim Morgan

As a great friend and simmer put's it, best than I ever could: "X-Plane is the best civil flight simulator, it is just unpolished..."

And polishing can come with time, long time - as a former amateur astronomer who built his own Newtonian and cassegrain telescopes, I know that polishing can be a true pita....

Attention to this level of detail, in the core sim, is a proof that indeed X-Plane is built with detail and completeness in mind, but in some areas more than others, has been left at it's own will for a while more than it should. 

11.10 is certainly not going to be the Holy Grail, but I believe it will give a nice push ahead to version 11.

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

17 minutes ago, jcomm said:

11.10 is certainly not going to be the Holy Grail, but I believe it will give a nice push ahead to version 11.

It'll be just like it was with XP 10. We will see constant improvements (and changes) until 11.5 (or so).

And just when we can call XP 11 "finished", and all the devs are happy that the constant updating of their aircraft to keep up with XP's changes is finally over, XP 12 will be around the corner and it all starts again. :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, though - I am totally happy with using a sim that is constantly updated, so I can live with having to wait weeks or even months for some planes to get updated (or even having to ditch some older ones completely).
LM, please keep up the great work and don't try to maintain backwards compatibility at all costs like "some other sim and it's successor" did for 10 years.

• Upvote 1

Very nice, I hope 11.10 is as good as they promise it to be. The most exciting thing for me is the glass cockpit Cessna172 and G1000 that's coming. Really looking forward to trying that as Phillip did a great job on the GNS units (It's almost as good as the RXP one)

• Upvote 1