Sign in to follow this  
Spoony666

.NET Runtime error after installation of 777

Hello,

after I installed the 777, I started it up and loaded the Cold & Dark state. Then all displays went dark and stayed dark even after ext power / APU was present. I then exited the Sim and I got the first message that P3D stopped working. 

The problem spread to all other a/c, default and payware (AS320, QOTSII). Everytime I start a scenario, when reaching 100% on the loading screen P3D crashes, first the .NET Runtime Frameworks, the P3D itself.

I run Windows 10 and have P3D on a seperate SSD and installed the 777 as admin. 

I tried reinstalling the 777 and also the P3D client, but nothing changed.See below the error from the event viewer:

Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: Ausnahmecode c0000005, Ausnahmeadresse 09FADD00
Stapel:
   bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.IntGetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32)
   bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.GetMessageW(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, System.Runtime.InteropServices.HandleRef, Int32, Int32)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.GetMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef, IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   bei Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox.ProcessPendingWorkItems()
   bei Views.AlertBox.P3DAlertBox.OnProgressPercentChanged(System.Object)
   bei MenuModels.AlertBox.AlertData.set_ProgressCurrent(Double)
   bei <Module>.P3DAlert.SetCurrent(P3DAlert*, Int32)
   bei <Module>.P3DAlertSystem.UpdateModeless(Void*, Int32)

Steffen Schaumann

Chris, 

thank you so very much! 

The Windows Update indeed was the reason for the crashes. I would have never suspected this. You saved me from wiping P3D an setting it up again.