Sign in to follow this  
joefremont

Problems with images not showing.

Recently I have see a problem in the screenshot forum where images I placed in my post are not showing, only the base name of the image is showing instead.  The images are hosted on my own website and are linked to other locations and show fine.  All the images are JPG files resized to 1024 width and are less than 200k.  Its not consistent as to which image shows and which does not, some never show, some show occasionally, some no problem.

Even older posts that displayed fine before have the problem, I have also checked a few random posts by others and the same issue seams to be happening.

Here is a link to the latest post:

Additional:  When I first posted this last night I could see all 16 image, the last time I looked five are not showing.

• Upvote 1

On looking at the page source I see the images are being read from www.avsim.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php, maybe the image proxy is having issues.

I got 15 of the images to load by hitting F5 (refresh).  Not sure what is the issue.  If you want, you can upload the missing image(s) and I will edit your OP.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Now I see all 16 images.  Just hit F5 several times for them to reload.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yes, I see that now, but it seems to be a widespread problem, my older posts that worked before and other I clicked on four other posts on the first page of that forum and every one that had more than one picture had the same problem.

I believe I have now fixed the problem.  Apologize for any inconvenience.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim, I was having that as well. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Well I am still having this problem Jim. Now my signature does not sure half the time and some screenshots the same, just the link, not the image. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Paul,

Tom had many links he did not allow to be used on AVSIM such as Airliners.net (as they came to us and told us it was a copyright infringement for anyone to link from airliners.net and asked us to watch this).  All I did was turn that switch on plus many other prohibited links to copyrighted material.  When this problem started occurring, I turned the switch off as before.  All I can say is that I see your signature fine.  I have found that if you hit the F5 key (Refresh) several times, clear your browser cache, and then hit the F5 key again a few times, your images will appear.  We will have to investigate why those links Tom had prohibited to be posted on AVSIM caused this problem.  Meanwhile, the system is back to where it was before.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:02 PM, joefremont said:

I got the same issue

Additional:  When I first posted this last night I could see all 16 image, the last time I looked five are not showing.

Just hit F5 to refresh.

Submit News to AVSIM

Since a few days I have the same issue. Hitting F5 only helps partially. Tried with 2 different computers and several browsers.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

D'OH! Sorry Jim,

I've just contacted AVSIM via the drop down at the top of the forum regarding this. BEFORE I'd spotted this thread! :blush::blush::blush:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

15 hours ago, HighBypass said:

D'OH! Sorry Jim,

I've just contacted AVSIM via the drop down at the top of the forum regarding this. BEFORE I'd spotted this thread! :blush::blush::blush:

Thanks for mention of the issue.  I thought the issue was with my image hosting site that I use, but then I've noticed it in other posts.  Sometimes the images load after about fifteen minutes, but not all of them.  The latest problem appeared in the past week, and it is browser independent.

John