Sign in to follow this  
Hardy6

Steam

Stanford, that is the crash report you get when you touch the keyboard and FSXSE crashes?  This report indicates that Windows doesn't know what caused the crash so it is offering a stack hash code for the contents of the stack at the time of the buffer exception event.

I don't understand the first post in this thread. You said "I did the reinstalls."  What reinstalls?  Why?  "Then the updates for the 737 model first."  I have no idea what it is that you did.  For example, according to this you could have reinstalled your operating system then installed the update for the PMDG 737 NGX, or you could have reinstalled FSXSE then installed the NGX without uninstalling the previous 737 version.   No way of telling here.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi downscc. First I'm using windows 10. The updates for the operating center I believe required a reinstall of PMDGs jets. I did so and the updates went well. I was hopping the updates would fix the key board problem. Did not. I really want to apologize to Scandinavian 13, for not understanding what he was saying about how to navigate to where he was talking about. (windows 7). For the last two weeks I have been reading about windows 10 to help when I ask you guy support questions. My head has been wrapped around win 10 so much so, I just couldn't figure out how to apply what Scandinavian 13, was referring to.  So I hope this helps. Any time I start with any,PMDG jet that I have, The second I hit any key on the key board, Windows closes the program. Message say's something cause the program to stop.  I hope this clears up what you need. Really appreciate your patience. I hope we can fix this. I have to use steam for a while till I can afford to buy all three jets again, for P3d. Thanks. Stanford

5 hours ago, Hardy6 said:

Hi downscc. First I'm using windows 10. The updates for the operating center I believe required a reinstall of PMDGs jets. I did so and the updates went well. I was hopping the updates would fix the key board problem. Did not. I really want to apologize to Scandinavian 13, for not understanding what he was saying about how to navigate to where he was talking about. (windows 7). For the last two weeks I have been reading about windows 10 to help when I ask you guy support questions. My head has been wrapped around win 10 so much so, I just couldn't figure out how to apply what Scandinavian 13, was referring to.  So I hope this helps. Any time I start with any,PMDG jet that I have, The second I hit any key on the key board, Windows closes the program. Message say's something cause the program to stop.  I hope this clears up what you need. Really appreciate your patience. I hope we can fix this. I have to use steam for a while till I can afford to buy all three jets again, for P3d. Thanks. Stanford

just  by  any  chance  that  your  keyboard  could  be  the issue   got  another  keyboard  or  can  borrow   one  fr  testing

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've have  one I use in the garage, it's wireless.Didn't help.  All the other planes work fine. I've pugged the key board into different input's. I've pugged just the key board in with nothing else plugged in. Still didn't work. I think it's windows issue. I wouldn't be dealing with this at all. Just don't have the funds to repurchase for P3d. I do need to retry another wired key board that I haven't yet tried. I'll report back with that attempt.

12 hours ago, Hardy6 said:

I've have  one I use in the garage, it's wireless.Didn't help.  All the other planes work fine. I've pugged the key board into different input's. I've pugged just the key board in with nothing else plugged in. Still didn't work. I think it's windows issue. I wouldn't be dealing with this at all. Just don't have the funds to repurchase for P3d. I do need to retry another wired key board that I haven't yet tried. I'll report back with that attempt.

hope  it  sorks  out,   what do  you mean  by  repurchasing  again,  just a matter  of  downloading  your  addons  again?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I thought that PMDG soft ware for FSX wasn't transferable. Have do done that your self. If so, I will start my down loads right a way.

36 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

I thought that PMDG soft ware for FSX wasn't transferable. Have do done that your self. If so, I will start my down loads right a way.

Correct they are not. If you are using fsx you need to buy the p3d ones if you want to use them in p3d

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:31 AM, pete_auau said:

just  by  any  chance  that  your  keyboard  could  be  the issue   got  another  keyboard  or  can  borrow   one  fr  testing

tried another wired key board, no luck.  It only happens to the PMDG soft ware. All other planes work fine. 

Update. Just bought PMDGs 737 NGX jets, for PD3 V4. It all works just fine. So in Steam, using win 10, is there a fix for why the key board crashes the program. Thanks

20 minutes ago, Hardy6 said:

So in Steam, using win 10, is there a fix for why the key board crashes the program. Thanks

You were the only one reporting this problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

There was a similar thread on Ngx forum. Remove KB4038788 update from ms Nd see if this solves the keyboard issue

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thanks. I can use all the help I can get, It's very specific as to what's happening. 

WOW. How easy was that. Problem solved. This topic can now be closed. With out your help, I wouldn't have known how do fix this.