Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

[RESOLVED] P3Dv4 CTD when run AS16

My P3D v4 CTD when I run AS16. Can anyone advise.

I had been experimentining with software REX and ENVTEX and ASCA (now deleted).
I have deleted Active Sky for P3Dv4 and ASCA
When I re-installed AS16 and ran it the software conneted to P3D v4 and the CTD

Clive Alexander

13 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

When I re-installed AS16

do you mean 'Active Sky for P3Dv4'  , as16 not compatible with P3D v4

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

sorry for the confusion I had used the wrong name.  I have the correct version for P3dv4 installed it is build 6403

Have a look in 'Control panel' to see if the 'ASConnect for P3Dv4 Installer' was installed correctly.

Checked Control Panel, all appears OK

It appears that the CTD happens when Active Sky is trying to intsall the weather textures.  I had deleted ENVTEX  I am going to try and re-install ENVTEX and see if it makes any differnce

8 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

I had deleted ENVTEX  I am going to try and re-install ENVTEX and see if it makes any differnce

I would try deleting the 'Shaders' folder first :-

C:\Users\????????\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Hmmm! best to uninstall ASP4 and as -connect, do the shaders again and and get P3D up and running, btw did you reset the (ie return to default) textures before uninstalling ENVTEX.

not run this program in P3Dv4.

PROBLEM SOLVED

I re-installed ENVTEX (must have replaced the textures to thier original state before I deleted them) I deleted the shaders folder again, restarted P3D  and all back to normal

I am now running AS16 + ASCA + ENVTEX

Lesson  to be learnt "delete software correctly" but a valuable learning curve for resolving a problem

Thank you for your assistance

8 hours ago, clive6354 said:

PROBLEM SOLVED

I re-installed ENVTEX (must have replaced the textures to thier original state before I deleted them) I deleted the shaders folder again, restarted P3D  and all back to normal

Lesson  to be learnt "delete software correctly" but a valuable learning curve for resolving a problem

That's good news, its always worth re-doing the Shaders folder when some change has occurred in textures, may give ASCA + ENVTEX ago again.

On 9/19/2017 at 10:46 PM, clive6354 said:

PROBLEM SOLVED

Hi, Clive6354

Can you please help I'm having the same problem my P3Dv4 is crashing to desktop once I takeoff which I assume is the issue you were facing. I have noticed after CTD AS16 is generating an error window shown here:

4eace0e14f.png

e12b296626.jpg

I have uninstalled AS16, ENVTEX, and reinstalled it but still, P3dV4 is CTD with the same error. Any idea or suggestions as to how you solved yours, thanks in advance.

Edited by LdeeFsx247
Adding extra image

mine is just crashing to desktop without any error message....i have tried with both active sky+ asca and rex skyforce.. it seems any weather engine crashes it.. its been running for the past 35 minutes without crashing because i have no weather engine running... help..