Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Question for iPhone/iPad Avsim Users

Ah ok, fair enough Jim, thanks for the info.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Tapatalk is a multi-forum platform. I do not believe they would ever make changes to incorporate one single forum, especially if it meant breaking the integration of other fora already on the platform. I too find it a little annoying that I cannot access avsim through tapatalk, since tapatalk works for all my other news sites.

However, I am also aware that it is apparently a bit of a PITA for the site managers as well enabling tapatalk, so I certainly do understand avsim's stance, albeit annoying for me personally. As a result, I only get to read the avsim site news when I am actually sitting at a PC and not on a mobile device. Trying to read a desktop forum on a small mobile device is hard on the old eyes :)

Andrew

I think you can access AVSIM via Tapatalk but their app costs $2.99 a month (Freeware one had a lot of ads).  Go to the Tapatalk site and sign up or download the App through Google Play.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up on Tapatalk - as I'm an avid user and it is my preferred means of utilizing forums... It was payware for a while but it's been free for years - no ads... Of my somewhat eclectic interests - AvSim is the only forum I frequent that doesn't have Tapatalk support - would love to see it... There was a period of time - years - where it did work here on AvSim but sadly it's been missing for years now too... From what I gather the plugins on the server were a bit maintenance intensive for a while - although I haven't heard any complaints lately... I just double checked to make sure nothings changed - AvSim isn't listed in the Tapatalk catalog... It's certainly one of the best ways to access a forum via mobile devices - truly wish we had it...

As far as compatibility - perhaps that warrants a revisit if you're interested - you've since upgraded your forum software and you appear to be running the same software as ORBX and Aerosoft - which both support Tapatalk ???

One big benefit - in the absence of PhotoBucket - Tapatalk hosts images for your forum posts... Makes posting images a breeze - I don't know if it's limited as I only use the feature occasionally... 

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Well, as of 19 Sep 2017, it costs and the ratings are not very favorable - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-100-000-forums-worldwide/id307880732?mt=8

I use my Firefox browser software on my Android system to manage the forums on my Samsung Smartphone and it works great.  I can even use it to check on registrations, who's trying to spam AVSIM, make changes to the forums, and moderate the forums even while getting a haircut!  Using a mobile device, especially a Smartphone, is not my favorite method of visiting any forums but it works when I'm away from my 34" monitor!!  But I appreciate the comments.  Perhaps the Board will take a hard look at it and see if it is a viable and affordable option.  I am personally against Tapatalk but think further research might be required.  I would also like to see if there the website developer of AVSIM has a software program for mobile devices.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I can even use it to check on registrations, who's trying to spam AVSIM, make changes to the forums, and moderate the forums even while getting a haircut! 

How you can pull that off without having a mess everywhere, I have no idea. Normally, when I get a haircut, my hands are underneath the cloth thing they put around my neck.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Okay, this reply is from my iPad, which does display the same format for a sim as my android phone does for Avsim. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 2017/9/22 at 0:01 AM, Jim Young said:

I think you can access AVSIM via Tapatalk but their app costs $2.99 a month (Freeware one had a lot of ads).  Go to the Tapatalk site and sign up or download the App through Google Play.

Invalid , i have tried it on my Android phone , but when i switch to iPhone , it is invalid , 

9 hours ago, Iacaser said:

Invalid , i have tried it on my Android phone , but when i switch to iPhone , it is invalid , 

So, what was invalid as to what I said?

Submit News to AVSIM

On 2018/1/11 at 10:19 AM, Iacaser said:

Invalid , i have tried it on my Android phone , but when i move to iPhone , it is invalid , 

The program is failure of switch it to iPhone ,