Sign in to follow this  
phoenixphire

Unwanted Light in Cockpit

On occasion I have a light in the cockpit that I can not get rid of. It is not the dome light or the storm. I can't seem to find the source. I can't stand it when flying at night. Anyone else have this issue?

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

7 minutes ago, phoenixphire said:

hmm, did not work. will have to figure out how to post a picture 

imgur.com. You don't even need an account. Upload it there, copy the URL, then paste it here. It should embed automatically. 

1 hour ago, hamoody said:

imgur.com. You don't even need an account. Upload it there, copy the URL, then paste it here. It should embed automatically. 

i tried that it worked on my computer but did not show

Mike Keigley

28 minutes ago, phoenixphire said:

i tried that it worked on my computer but did not show

Actually I can see the initial screenshot you posted now. I've also been noticing a problem with the forums lately where only the file name displays instead of a picture- refreshing the page appears to solve the problem. 

Ya, very strange it wasn’t there then it was. As you can see the panel is lit while the pedestal is not. While flying at night I like to dim all the lights except the panel lights. 

Mike Keigley

I have no idea why this happens... But what happens when you press "L" key on your keyboard? Do you see a change? If it does nothing, try to hit the L key once more...

If "the light" goes away, you can set the lightening in the cockpit via the VC knobs.

But then again, I cannot give you a RCA :blush:

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

There are individual panel floods for Capt, FO, MCP and pedestal.  They are not tied to the master brightness knob.  From the Capt seat look down to the left for your flood.

Dan Downs KCRP

47 minutes ago, vesalius said:

I have no idea why this happens... But what happens when you press "L" key on your keyboard? Do you see a change? If it does nothing, try to hit the L key once more...

If "the light" goes away, you can set the lightening in the cockpit via the VC knobs.

But then again, I cannot give you a RCA :blush:

Ya, I have tried pressing L. It does not work.  I have tried every conceivable knob. I just wonder if I am missing something. When I look up at the dome lights there is nothing shining. I thought it may be due to loading a saved flight. Up until my last flight that seemed to be the culprit. I loaded a fresh flight but when it dark the same problem was evident. 

• Upvote 1

Mike Keigley

9 minutes ago, downscc said:

There are individual panel floods for Capt, FO, MCP and pedestal.  They are not tied to the master brightness knob.  From the Capt seat look down to the left for your flood.

Thanks Dan, but I have tried those too.

Mike Keigley

Well Mike, either it is a dome light, storm light or panel floods.  Maybe you need to play with your HDR settings.  The dynamic settings might be so high as to mimic the eye accommodating a dark panel and making it brighter.  My HDR settings are on the left side of the sliders and I have no problem dialing the light down.

Dan Downs KCRP