Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

A bit of a personal note from me

Chaps, you may have noticed I've been a bit absent around these parts for a while. Many of probably feel you know me quite well as the voice behind our training programs. So as we’ve possibly already made a more personal connection than with your average dev, it’s time for me to share this with you.

The story is quite simple. A few months ago - on my wedding anniversary to be precise - I returned home unannounced from working away with a surprise anniversary gift for my wife.  

Unfortunately the surprise turned out to be on me as my wife was in middle of betraying those same wedding vows with another bloke. 

I’ll spare you the rest, but needless to say it has ended up in a messy, acrimonious divorce of the worst possible kind which has left me losing my home and my workplace. The emotional toll has been considerable but thankfully through the continued support of family and friends - some of whom had to pick sides as they often do in these cases - I’ve now emerged through the worst of it.

And, just as life has a habit of falling apart in a heartbeat, it can sometimes reassemble itself again just as quickly. Many of you will know that my day job away from Airline2Sim is as a radio broadcaster. I went abroad shortly after this happened to lick my wounds and purely by chance was offered a job on an English radio network in the Middle East. On that same night I also met a lovely middle eastern girl too. You’ll be pleased to learn that the job and the lady are both progressing nicely and I’m moving from the UK in a few week’s time.

So, Airline2Sim like me has taken a bit of a knock this year, but both are now back on our feet. The 777 Cadet+ Program was already in production and as soon as I’ve got my studio set up in my new home from home, will continue in earnest. The A320 is coming for V4 and we’ll be right on it with one of the most experienced Bus guys in the business. The 747 and whatever refresh PMDG give us of the 737 (Max, please Rob!) will get the Airline2Sim treatment. And let’s not forget that both the 717 and (when it’s a little more mature ) the CRJ are worthy of a LITE course.

Thank you for your patience and continued support, guys. This has been the hardest three months of my life but the lesson I’ve learned is this - not everything you lose in life is a loss...

• Upvote 11

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Hello Ben, sorry to hear that you went though all that pain, but still emerged safely on the other side.

Also good that your job is relatively portable and that you can easily move around.

Wishing you all the best,

Jude (reviewer for Dash8 ATS).

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Sorry to hear Ben.  Been through a similar situation so I know exactly what you went through.

Glad to hear the good news though and I really look forward to your videos.  The 777 vids with Myron were outstanding.

Best of luck to you.

• Upvote 1

Jack Sawyer

Sorry to hear about your troubles but I do like your attitude going forward.  I was wavering about buying the 777 programs - I have the Q400 base videos and learned a lot.

Saying sorry is one thing but now I will buy the 777 videos as my way to help.

Franklin Duncan

• Upvote 1

Franklin Duncan

Yeah, I know that one. Had a past girlfriend use the day I was burying my dad as a convenient occasion to do a similar thing whilst I was occupied. Nice huh? But, these things happen, and generally speaking if you can come out of the other side of them, you end up wiser, and better off. The loss of someone who would do that kind of thing, is no loss at all.

Good luck.

• Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That's a good way of putting it, Alan.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hey Ben,

Similar thing for me 5 years ago. It was a tough ride for a while, especially with 3 kids but I'm still here. :)

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.......eventually

• Upvote 1

Glad you've turned the corner, Ben. As you mentioned in your post, watching your videos does create a sort of personal connection, so it feels like something bad has happened to a friend. I wish you all the best.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

Sorry to hear the news Ben, never nice to hear these things. Appreciate you sharing this - best wishes and look forward to more programs soon!

• Upvote 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

Hi Ben, 

I’m very sorry to hear this, I hope you pull through this. It’s not very nice. I’m pleased to hear things are progressing for you with your move to the Middle East. I actually heard your voice on the local radio a few weeks back, I wondered if it was you but wasn’t sure. You’ve just confirmed this. I’ll look forward to the new training programs and thanks for sharing all the tweaks in 

Best of Luck,

Jonathan.

• Upvote 1

- Jonathan Daley

The words that I want to say would get me banned here....it sucks, but it's probably better in long run that you're away from her. Get'er done!

• Upvote 1

Hi Ben - I’m very sorry to hear what  happened to you and I appreciate that you shared it with us. I’m pretty late in discovering this as you will see from the date of responding. I did think that airline2sim had collapsed and I sent a personal email a while back as to how helpful I had found your training vids. I hope that your personal recovery continues. Part of the reason in thinking that airline2sim was no longer trading was that I’ve not been able to access my account and on trying to use the contact channel requesting help with regard to this I have had no response. I apologise for using this forum as a means of commmunicating this but I do hope that airline2sim continues from strength to strength and likewise your psychological well being but I’m hoping that someone may able to help. Many thanks. Shaun

Hi Ben,

So sorry to hear about all the painful events that have happened. I may have posted some stuff on here that is critical, but until tonight I did not read your post here. Please understand it was the rantings of someone who was not aware of the awful life moments you were going through. I am glad to hear that things have turned around for the better for you. I have been in the same situation as you and confronted with infidelity. I can assure you, you will emerge stronger and ready to move on. I am looking forward to Ben 1.1 and your renewed enthusiasm for the fantastic product you have been producing!

Have a great day,

Rob Pappin